XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped over to my local sales rep today and he let me have a play in his S......
Well.....What can I say! This is what engine the car should have had on its release.
Took it on the local Autobahn and was straight upto 240Kph and my foot was nowhere near the floor :shock: No lag and constant acceleration.
I have now been hooked and have left it to the rep to do me some figures. Saying that, I'm unwilling to part with too much, as good as the S is I am also quite happy to just let Squires at my 2.7 as the car on a whole is still perfect for me :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
It is a wonderous beast Ben and the acceleration seems to go on forever, particularly in Dynamic Mode, which I love :D :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have driven both and the S is by far superior plus better MPG and lower emmissions over the old 2.7 engine and oh no turbo lag :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a supercharged v8 ... had it 14 months now. Great car ... but ... I just had the pleasure of driving the new XFR. A short road drive and a few laps on a track. Then it got a lot better ... Davy Jones (winner of Le Mans etc) drove a lap of the race circuit with me hanging on in the passenger seat. Wow ... I want an XFR now ... shame about the waiting list

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im counting the days till i get mine!!

Sometime in July!! Get-in!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Exactly my choice, a terrific looking car that turns heads where ever it goes. You can at least enjoy its full performance on the Autobahns. Heres a photo of mine... :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks GREAT!!!

Are you pleased with your choice of interior, as this was the only area of doubt i had!! :roll:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not suitable if you have young kids. The dove interior is light and airy, as opposed to the the rather dark charcoal version. Barley probably looks good as well, all a matter of personal choice. I personally did not like the truffle interor. I wonder if Jaguar have the bottle to revive a deep red leather as per the old 60/70 jags? Now that would go nicely with a dark grey exterior. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shame they launched it so soon after purchase of XF. I can't help feeling that dealer/Jaguar rather economical with their information. Not good way to keep loyal customer base. Can't afford to upgrade so soon. Then find two months later an even better model that Jaguar not mentioned in the offing? This is what I expect from laptops not a 40k car.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
doc1 said:
Shame they launched it so soon after purchase of XF. I can't help feeling that dealer/Jaguar rather economical with their information. Not good way to keep loyal customer base. Can't afford to upgrade so soon. Then find two months later an even better model that Jaguar not mentioned in the offing? This is what I expect from laptops not a 40k car.
It is a pity that you did not visit this forum sooner; the 3.00 Diesel XF has been the subject of many posts since April of 2008 :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts