XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say thank you for this forum. I have been lurking on a number of Jaguar forums to get a sense of their character and I found that this one has more characters!!!! This will be my first Jaguar at the tender age of 59(me that is!). 2010 XF Portfolio in Lunar Grey/Spice due to land mid to late October. I usually do not fret over the color combos but, for me anyway, I found the choices to be substantial. I almost feel as though I am cheating a bit by not having experienced the early Jag years replete with electrical issues and then moving on to what appears to be a much-improved model. Hopefully, this will not be another case of "British Humor" which, by the way, I love.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum greenie :)
First Jaguar at 59; you made it in the end, that's the important thing.
One thing you will notice is that the beautiful XF will not withstand the crashes and so on that your American cars do; at least they appear to in all the U.S. cop films we see here :D

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pekem said:
Welcome to the forum greenie :)
First Jaguar at 59; you made it in the end, that's the important thing.
One thing you will notice is that the beautiful XF will not withstand the crashes and so on that your American cars do; at least they appear to in all the U.S. cop films we see here :D
That one helluva welcome pekem!!! Thanks my friend.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You are making me wonder if I am too young for a Jag, being the tender age of 42.

It weird but take away the badge and the XF could have been made any of the top brands and no one would give it a second thought but because it's a Jag the amount of people questioning my judgement has been a little unsettling. It's incredible how much negative (old man) image the brand has to peel away before younger people can take it seriously as a alternative to the likes of Mercedes, BMW and Audi.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
footie said:
You are making me wonder if I am too young for a Jag, being the tender age of 42.

It weird but take away the badge and the XF could have been made any of the top brands and no one would give it a second thought but because it's a Jag the amount of people questioning my judgement has been a little unsettling. It's incredible how much negative (old man) image the brand has to peel away before younger people can take it seriously as a alternative to the likes of Mercedes, BMW and Audi.
Follow your heart but it is also important to question your decisions to a LOGICAL conclusion. Jaguar seems to be transitioning to a car that will be more "acceptable" to the masses as opposed to niche-type audience. The reason that you are unsettled with others comments, I believe, is quite natural in that you have no experience with this cat. I am experiencing somewhat similar feelings albeit no one has questioned my purchase)Id take them out back to the woodshed and beat them silly)!!!! I would hope that Jag would see the daylight after a hopefully successful run with the XF and soon-to-appear XJ with competion for the 3-series BMW and 4-series Audi. I know that TaTa has economic issues that will drive their future endeavors so we`ll have to wait and see. The XF is a great place to start and YOU, my friend, at any age, will enjoy this car! Wont it be nice to have a car that is not seen absolutely everywhere!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts