XF Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2014 model was having the same problem, as it was under warranty though was fixed by the agent. Wasn't given much detail but fairly sure it was the reservoir that needed replacement. I noticed a leak, just the odd drop, from between just behind the front offside wheel and the drivers door (the reservoir being located above that point). Try placing a piece of cardboard there when parked up overnight and look for wet patch or staining from just the odd drip.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a 2012 XFS. The "Coolant Level Low" warning comes on regularly. Does anyone know any common causes for loss of coolant. Simple fixes first please!!
Is there actually a coolant leak, or is the "floater" in the reservoir stuck?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had the same problem with mine, it was the hose on the LHS of the header tank, tank connection was fractured and only leaked under pressure, dries out straight away so took some finding, near header tank from jaguar £147:00

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2014 model was having the same problem, as it was under warranty though was fixed by the agent. Wasn't given much detail but fairly sure it was the reservoir that needed replacement. I noticed a leak, just the odd drop, from between just behind the front offside wheel and the drivers door (the reservoir being located above that point). Try placing a piece of cardboard there when parked up overnight and look for wet patch or staining from just the odd drip.
Whoops, having a senior moment, please disregard my first, I was talking/thinking of the washer water reservoir not the coolant! Sorry!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been told the leak is in a water box situated under the imlet manifold. £40 for a new bix but heavy labour charge to strip down to it to change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts