XF Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I looking to change the lower wishbone arms on my jag. I'm no mechanic but am quite technically minded. Just hoped someone here could help with a video of it being done and some torque settings. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh dear, sorry you've had no assistance yet.

Lower arms are not too much difficulty in theory, and ours have the advantage of being common with the Lincoln LS, Ford Thunderbird and Jaguar S-Type. There are many generic videos onYouTube, for example this one, which show the process generically. Much as I would love our cars to have special magic parts, they don't and so if you watch a few you will see that the basic process is always the same - get access, undo the bolts, prise apart the ball joints (they can take some prising so be ready to buy a ball joint splitter of some description), withdraw the part.

Our cars don't have a traditional lower arm with fixings in three places, but instead have two arms each with two fixings. It's usually the front one with the big squashy bushing that needs replacing, but not always. Torques are 60Nm+135 degrees outboard, 175Nm inboard at ride height. Attached is the page from the manual. Remember to align the car afterwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PS it occurs to me you might have meant the rear. The rear is a more traditional wishbone and the ideas are very similar. It also carries an anti-roll bar link that needs disconnecting. Rear is also common with the three cars I mentioned above. I can recommend getting a manual for your specific car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts