XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First post and still mulling over colours, outside has to be ultimate black for me but considering the red and black interior. I have a factory visit in July to see the interiors in the flesh and will decide then. Any inputs happily received.
Regards
Ex

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ex Stovie :)
And yet another XF R buyer, it seems that Jaguar may well have a winning line up already with which to welcome the XJ on Thursday.
You are in for some long days and sleepless nights over the next few weeks and to help you while way the nights you can read through this thread where you will see you are now on the Roll of Honour
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707&p=5335#p5335

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Pekem,
I am already seeing the overtaking opportunities of the future! My poor old BMW 530d certainly isn't getting any love anymore that's for sure!!
I have recently test driven a number of "Super Saloons", often for a couple of days at a time. Including M5,M3,C63 AMG and of course the XFR. XFR won hands down as i really wanted a wolf in sheeps clothing that was fairly subtle for the 80% of driving calmly and comfortably and the 20% which can see off Porsches!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi there,
I am in the same boat at the moment. I have narrowed my colour combo's too; Ultimate Black/Ivory, Indigo Blue/Ivory, and, wait for it, Porcelain/Red. :eek:

ARRHHHHHH I can't decide........................

·
Registered
415 Posts
Congrats on the order ! There was a black/red leather XFR at Goodwood, it looked stunning that would be my choice without hesitation...other colours look a little like standard XF in my opinion...this looks very special. Nice red leather too, not in your face..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that Blade.

Neillbro - I saw a porcelain/red leather in the USA when i was there a few weeks ago and as you say the interior is not shocking red (like the BMW M3 red) but dark enough to be classy. Also briefly considered the black and tan but dont think that will be a runner!!

Looking forward to the factory visit in a couple of weeks will let you know my decision and why after that. Was going to visit earlier but due to the 'secrecy' of the XJ launch we would have missed out on half of the factory. This way we get to see the whole thing. Apparently they have all of the colour combos up there. Has anyone been on a visit? What can i expect?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Saw a Kyanite Blue XFR in the local dealers, absolutely gorgeous, unfortunately they flatly refused to take the wife as part exchange :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulations!

I've just been given my VIN and told the car is "in transit" which means I should get it the last week in July. I'm counting the days!

Color is so subjective and personal. I think you;re doing the right thing and waiting until you can see all the options.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm really interested to find out how to organise a factory visit. My XF is due to be built in August for September delivery. I wish I could have gone the extra for the XFR. May be able to in a couple of years.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hi robcon, from my understanding, ;) your dealer can arrange a factory visit for you, ask him.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robcon,

Yes my dealer arranged it for me with a lady called Julie at the factory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So we went on the factory visit - very impressed. Wife was a bit freaked by the 'Terminator' / 'War of the Worlds' robots doing their thing. We arrived very late due to traffic and weather etc so missed the opening video.

Tried in vain to see the colour combos i was looking for to decide on the final choice for the XFR but to no avail. But there was a Red Zone/Charcoal interior in the Visitors centre at the end so it was confirmed that that is the way to go.

So final choice is Ultimate Black, Red Zone/Charcoal, Parking Camera, B&W stereo, Pedals Kit, aftermarket privacy glass.

Now just got to wait another 5 weeks boo hoo.

Also saw the new XJ which looks great, much better in the flesh than the pictures. The interior look stunning and the steering wheel looked very tricked up!! Maybe when i am old enough i'll get one!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts