XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have given the dealer the go-ahead.

Interesting that of the two dealers I approached, one couldn't have been more helpful and attentive while the other couldn't have been less interested (having made all the right noises in the showroom). So great customer service and a cracking deal won it.

Because I am impatient I am going for a new showroom car rather than wait for a factory build - it's pretty close to my ideal spec anyway:

Indigo Metallic / Ivory
Parking Aid with Rear Camera
Blind Spot Monitor
Jet Headlining
Heated Steering Wheel
JaguarVoice
B&W Audio
Blingy vents and mirrors

Delivery next Friday. Haven't felt this excited in ages!

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
What great news, congratulations :)
You will certainly be the first member to be able to post a picture and I am sure we will all want to see it as soon after delivery as possible.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lucky you!

That will be a great color combo. I thought about Ivory but wear too much denim for it to be practical.

You're getting yours a lot quicker than mine. Please post pics and driving experiences when you get it..

The spec on mine was frozen last week and is due to be built end of next week, with delivery to Chicago by end of July.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Lucky you!

Le Chef said:
That will be a great color combo. I thought about Ivory but wear too much denim for it to be practical.
LC, I used to have an XJ with ivory and was always in denim. After many months there was a slight blueness to the side of the drivers seat. A quick wipe with the seat cleaner stuff that Jaguar gave me had it back to white in seconds.

Don't let that put you off. Ivory's much lower maintenance than you would imagine. Take it from someone whose baby son had a major vomit episode all over the rear seats, roof, drivers seat and some of the passenger seat... It was even in the front vents! Cleaned up a treat, no smell and no stain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts