XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum smg1sha :)
It seems that you are not going to give us much help to enable you to decide :)
Why not start off by telling us what factors you are considering :?:
Which car do you have presently :?: How soon do you want the XF :?:
Is diesel freely available. :?: What mileage do you do :?: The list goes on :!:
It is impossible to say what you should do until more is known about your circumstances.
Personally, I would be pleased if you would by my XF for a little less than I paid for it and then I would buy the 3.00L :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have a xc90
we are looking to change in the next 2 weeks
there are discounts on the old 2.7 is this just to shift the stock and make way for the 3.0
The 3.0 has a better co2 and a lower tax band :)

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
If you wish to change in the next two weeks, in other words take delivery of an XF, I doubt that you have a choice.
It is widely thought that the demise of the 2.7 engine is near; why would anyone want one :?:
Discounts will no doubt be available in order to clear the 2.7 engine out of stock and that may mean that you could get a real bargain at present.
It will not be until March that the 3.00 will become available, and even then in limited numbers. It probably is the case that dealers will in many instances have sold their March allocation, witness the fact that we know deals have been done, see (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=627 )
I would be surprised if Jaguar change their policy of building cars to order and If they do not it could mean that you will not get your hands on a personally specified 3.00 for some weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts