XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anybody got chrome or stainless steel side vents and if so did you order from new or did yuo get them retro-fit.

Regards

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
fender said:
Hi All,

Has anybody got chrome or stainless steel side vents and if so did you order from new or did yuo get them retro-fit.

Regards
Hi,
Chrome vents are a retro-fit and I think they enhance my Botanical Green. Expect to pay around £150 or thereabouts for them to be fitted by a dealer. I think the price of each as an accessory is about £60 and if you fit them yourself, expect to break the lugs on the ones you are removing.
My dealer broke mine but provided me with a new replacement set in Botanical Green for fitting in the future if that is what I want to do. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Highly recommended but get your dealer to fit them unless you are comfortable with DIY! They do enhance darker colours.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
It is probably the case that they will look good on any colour. They just work well on the front side of the car in the same way that the brightwork on the rear sides and the front and rear ends do. Certainly if you have just paid around £150 to have them fitted they will :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Anyone tried the chromed mirror caps? Not sure whether these might be OTT.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
We have discussed this matter a little, see link below.
I have to say that I liked them on the car in the picture, a Vapour Grey I think, but others have expressed the view that it is OTT.
I am still toying with the idea of adding them to mine. If it is the case that they can be slipped on and off allowing the originals to be replaced if I am not happy with them, I think I will give them go. Surprising really because it was not so many years ago, mark you time flies, all the best cars had chrome mirrors :!:
http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have fitted the pedal kit and I think I will stick at that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
have the chrome vents on my Lunar Grey and looks great. that colour gives it more of an "Aston" look as most people associate astons with this colour grey. :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Buy them on E-Bay for £35 a pair in silver to match the wheels.Easy to fit and the best way is to remove the front wheel and arch liner and the clips can be removed from the factory fitted vents then without breaking them.Straight forward job which takes around 45 minutes each side.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
hydrajaws said:
Buy them on E-Bay for £35 a pair in silver to match the wheels.Easy to fit and the best way is to remove the front wheel and arch liner and the clips can be removed from the factory fitted vents then without breaking them.Straight forward job which takes around 45 minutes each side.
I did have a search of eBay for these items but could only find an item, link below, which is for something that I do not recognise as a part, other than as a strip which might be fixed across an existing side vent. :?:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAGUAR-XF-SIDE-PO ... 286.c0.m14

·
Registered
770 Posts
Try edmille on E-Bay as he advertises the side vents at £35 a pair

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
hydrajaws said:
Try edmille on E-Bay as he advertises the side vents at £35 a pair
My search for edmille returned a person in America with no history, items for sale or sold.
Is my speling correct :?:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Try edmille10 as an E-Bay trader or New Jaguar Spares Jag XF Fender Louvres

1 - 20 of 21 Posts