XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading in the owners hand book a function on the passenger wing mirror whereby when you select reverse the mirror automatically moves to allow you to see the curb. I have checked the parking option on the vehicle settings and only have the option to select the volume controls on the settings.

Have I missed something.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Okay, this is how you set the auto-dipping passenger mirror function.

1. Keeping your foot on the brake pedal, select reverse gear.

2. Now use the mirror controls to set the passenger side mirror to dip exactly how you want it to.

3. Once the mirror is set (keep the vehicle in reverse gear during this procedure), press the memory set button (located in drivers door).

4. Within 5 seconds, press memory button 1 (located in drivers door).

5. Now select P or D and and the passenger mirror should return to its normal position. Selecting reverse gear should atuo-dip the passenger mirror.

Let me know if this procedure works for you.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
bouf said:
I have been reading in the owners hand book a function on the passenger wing mirror whereby when you select reverse the mirror automatically moves to allow you to see the curb. I have checked the parking option on the vehicle settings and only have the option to select the volume controls on the settings.

Have I missed something.
The Reverse mirror dip OFF/ON box is in the top right hand corner of my Vehicle screen. Just wondering - is your car Premium Luxury with memory function/ auto dimming mirrors?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no unfortunately mine is only the luxury couldn't get the company to pay any more

so does this mean that I dont have the mirror function?

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is an interesting question. I was lucky enough to be offered the standard XF diesel but with mirror pack and other enhancements (the orignal customer who had ordered it pulled out the day before delivery). I was used to the dipping reverse mirror on my BMW 728. When I tried to configure it on the Jag, I could not and on enquiring with the dealer, they told me that the mirror pack does not add the functionality. You have to have the driver's seat memory module which is on the next model up. I would be interested to know whether anybody with the added mirror pack has had problems with the dipping mirror.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts