XF Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum so my first post. Had a stage 1 remap on my XF S (64 plate) in January. Took in on a motorway run for work today and noticed a lot of black smoke when accelerating and lower than expected fuel return. Anyone offer any opinions/advice? TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only advice is to go back to questionable tuner and revert back to original state as on warranty.

Who was it anyway?
It was a company in South Wales called Jorvik Tuning and they have a very good name and the guy is very helpful. He advised me to give it a run on the motorway keeping the revs at 2,500 for at least 20 mins. I did it for half an hour. It’s fine now. I think I was being a bit paranoid and due to short trips to work (19m each way) he thinks the DPF may have needed clearing. Fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, dpf requiring cleaning gives black smoke? Well, as long as it's sorted(y)
As you have probably deduced, my car knowledge extends to the diesel hole, dipstick and tyre pressures. She’s on 130,000 miles and (touches wood) going like a dream. The remap didn’t make as much of a difference as I was expecting in low range revs but through gears 4, 5 & 6 it puts you back in the seat. It was more out of curiosity to have it remapped than anything else really and at £190 not a bank breaker. I just find myself looking for little noises etc. What a tit🙄. It had 271bhp in the first place so no need to tinker really but curiosity is a strange thing. I’m off now to worry about the turbos and whether I can get 200.00 miles out of the!!🤦🏼‍♂️

1 - 5 of 5 Posts