XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I hope everyone is well. I only joined here to get some 'real world' thoughts on the XF-R - I see different variants about on AT and just want to get some feedback from any owners etc. I have eyeballed one of these as a potential next car - which wont be this year but no harm in doing research.

The years 2010 or so it what i would be aiming for - are these reliable or do they have any known weak points? VED, Fuel etc is not a concern for me but i would like a resonably reliable car all the same. The alternative car I have flagged is a LS460 -- apples and oranges i know but keen to get some feedback on the Jaguar.

cheers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The looking can be half the enjoyment of buying. I've never driven an XFR so I can't comment on the XFR specifics, but I can tell you that the XF from around 2010 continues to be regarded with great fondness and a little nostalgia sigh. The XF's launch was a milestone in Jaguar's history, it has good performance, a great interior and an ambiance and feel that is missing from most other cars in the same sector.
I'd say the main thing is to go into owning one with your eyes open. When new, they were complicated and expensive (much like most modern cars). Add 18-20 years of age on top and things can get ugly fast, but as mentioned, this is no different to all modern executive brands of car.
In a nutshell, the XF underpinnings mean it's a no brainer that it's a nice car to drive. Service history is your best friend. Hopefully others may comment on the performace side of things.
Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, its a car that seems to go under the radar and every tom dick and harry looks to be brainwashed on BMW and Audi. I am not a fan of BMW - the recent cars are terrible (the turbo variants), the last good car BMW made was the inline 6 NA jobs but the modern turbos are nothing but trouble. So the XFR looks interesting. I currently have a Subaru Legacy 3.0 R SpecB which i guess not many are too familiar with (Bilstein struts and a 6MT gearbox from the WRX STi as well as the flat 6 are the main talking points!) - its quite the Q car and in manual i think < 33 face lift 08/09 editions registered in the land and today driving home in the torrential rain its so reassuring to have a car so planted to the road. Which makes me wonder how does a 500+hp RWD car cope in the wet ...:whistle:

I wont be doing purchasing until at least a year but no harm in doing some homework

1 - 4 of 4 Posts