XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - This is my first visit. My 2017 Jaguar XF 2.0D (240 AWD) had its first service yesterday at just over 5000 miles. The oil still seems black. The main dealer confirms it was changed. Is this normal? Any advice welcome.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi neilogg. I've watched your post to see if any replies followed from people with the same model as you, sadly no one has offered anything. I do not have the same model as you so I do not know where the oil filter is located on your model. Now, if I was still able and it was my car I would check around the drain plug to see if there was any sign that it had been removed since this is the first time it will have been removed since first fitted: do the flats on the undoing faces show signs of removal, is the drain plug washer nice and shiny, not dull and possibly having fine dirt around it's edge? Much the same goes for the oil filter, is it's mating face with the block nice and clean with no sign of a quick wipe around with a cloth? Can you see if there is a date mark on the oil filter? If I was still very concerned about the oil I would buy a small amount of the correct top up oil from the dealer and compare the colour of it with that in the engine. Finally as a last resort if still unconvinced that the oil was changed I might well send a sample of the engine oil to one of the test labs. that check engine oil for about £35.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One for you guys. Normally in a diesel car when the oil change it will go black and not stay clear like petrol cars. It’s the way the engine runs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts