XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a bit surprised at how little the salesman who took me out on the XF test drive actually knew about the car. I found that I knew a bit more about the car than the saleman himself!

Have any of you found that your local Jag dealer is somewhat lacking in detailed knowledge about the car? Sure, the car is brand new and that can be used as an excuse, but only to a certain extent.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes. I knew more than all of them due to my friends at Jag in Coventry. However, what I found more scary was the fact I had to go to three of them before they even seemed interested in selling me one!

The dealeri finally got mine from now rings me and says.... can you find out?

Jaguar product training is ****e

·
Administrator
433 Posts
To be fair my dealer was pretty good and had all the info. I can't stand being "sold" though if that makes sense. I already liked the car and felt he was trying to oversell it to me.

I hate test driving BMW's - every time I go on the test drive the salesman always manages to say "You can tell it's a BMW" every time - guaranteed. Must be in the "how to sell a bmw manual"

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer was really knowledgeable. A bit disinterested in the period between me placing the order and taking dlivery but on delivery he spend an hour sitting in the car with me programming the gadgets !

·
Registered
120 Posts
I visited the Stockport dealer for a chat and said I was looking to buy a 2.7 as soon as the 3.0 diesel is released in the Autumn. The dealer said there wasn't a 3.0 diesel in the pipeline !

·
Registered
618 Posts
culpano said:
I visited the Stockport dealer for a chat and said I was looking to buy a 2.7 as soon as the 3.0 diesel is released in the Autumn. The dealer said there wasn't a 3.0 diesel in the pipeline !
Where did you read that there was a 3.0 diesel going to be available from this Autumn?

·
Registered
618 Posts
OK have just spoken to my friend who works at the Jaguar design centre in Coventry and he CATEGORICALLY states that there is a 3.0 diesel on the way and its an all new design so not a bored out 2.7. It will be available from around November 2009.

No wonder dealer didn't know about it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Diesel Car Magazine said 3.0 litre due in Autumn 2008 but I guess this was a mis-print and they meant Autumn 2009.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts