XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any members had any problems with there cars keep stalling. This is an intermittent fault with my car,when slowing down for traffic lights, junctions, roundabouts, people crossing when stopped the revs just die and car stalls.Sometimes have to wait 5min before it will restart other times starts straightaway no error messages or faults on message centre. Have had to call out jag assist who found a fault which he had never seen before. He completed a software update to the drivetrain module which he said should fix it, I roadtested car everything fine, 2 days later car stalls again car, booked in for this week will update when I know more.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I can't recall that a report of this particular error has been posted previously. Certainly hasn't, touch wood, happened to me :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer could not find any faults after road testing it for 3 days also car did not stall at all. But i think iknow what the problem is i think the battery in the key fob is running low and when the key is in my pocket and i stop at lights or roundabouts the car loses its signal and shuts down. :?: Is this possible

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't think that can be the cause. Page 3 of the Quick Start Guide states:

The START STOP button must be pressed to stop the engine. If not, it will continue to run even if the remote handset is removed from the vehicle.

So the status of the remote's battery shouldn't matter.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ta for the info :oops: Back to the drawing board and dealer :!:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue with my '09 XF. On start up, it will fire and run for a second, then shut down. Sometimes once, sometimes 3-4 times, then not for a week. Also have the stalling problem when slowing for a turn or a stop. Usually starts right up. Dealer could find no error codes. So far, no clue what this is. I love my car, but this keeps me awake at night. There must be someone out there who knows what the fault is???

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I have the same issue with my '09 XF. On start up, it will fire and run for a second, then shut down. Sometimes once, sometimes 3-4 times, then not for a week. Also have the stalling problem when slowing for a turn or a stop. Usually starts right up. Dealer could find no error codes. So far, no clue what this is. I love my car, but this keeps me awake at night. There must be someone out there who knows what the fault is???
My guess is that there is a fuel supply problem. Pump or supply system perhaps ? I suspect that the car needs to be diagnosed by a professional. Are you an RAC, AA etc member, might be resolved on roadside. These days the guys do have the electronics on board. Don't expect a salute from the AA man though :D

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
If its a diesel it has to be a fuelling issue, they are not mixture sensitive within a wide range of fuel air ratios.

Sounds like a fuel filter type issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts