XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... had the DPF 500 miles warning light come on … and as shopping for elderly parents Jag kindly allowed me to take the car in for check, diagnostics etc.

I was advised ball park cost £200 -£300

The work carried out was
1. Investigate issue with DEF dosing malfunction
2. Carried out SDD chaecks and read fault codes
3. Removed DEF injector and checked pattern all ok.
4. Carried out check to Harness all OK
5. Carried out PCM software update cleared codes but some still logged
6. SCR monitor and recalibration - carried out 3 drive cycles and cleared reaming codes
7. Topped up DPF

The final bill I was presented with for 3.5 hours labour was £470.40

I left thinking that was astronomical and how can it be justified so seeking re-assurance this is the cost incurred for the above work

2015 3.0 V6 Sport - 36k miles

Any comments would be helpful

·
Administrator
22,447 Posts
Seems about right to me. Labour often is charged out at a well in excess of what used to be the normal rate of around £115/ hour.
Which dealership did you use. ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So... had the DPF 500 miles warning light come on … and as shopping for elderly parents Jag kindly allowed me to take the car in for check, diagnostics etc.

I was advised ball park cost £200 -£300

The work carried out was
1. Investigate issue with DEF dosing malfunction
2. Carried out SDD chaecks and read fault codes
3. Removed DEF injector and checked pattern all ok.
4. Carried out check to Harness all OK
5. Carried out PCM software update cleared codes but some still logged
6. SCR monitor and recalibration - carried out 3 drive cycles and cleared reaming codes
7. Topped up DPF

The final bill I was presented with for 3.5 hours labour was £470.40

I left thinking that was astronomical and how can it be justified so seeking re-assurance this is the cost incurred for the above work

2015 3.0 V6 Sport - 36k miles

Any comments would be helpful
G'day, I have a FY 2011 3.0L diesel and its fantastic (had it since new and will keep it forever I think). I think the 2011 model was the best diesel they made in the XF series (before Ad Blu and the useless 2.0 litre one). However the dreaded DPF issue occasionally comes up. If the DPF warning light is yellow then all you need to do is to drive on the motorway for around 10kms at about 110kph and it clears. BUT if it goes red... I'm sure the dealer left it idling for a long time during one of the services and it went red. The quoted cost to fix? A new DPF and related exhaust parts - $5,800 Australian Dollars (around 3,000 GBP)! Needless to say I told them "they're dreaming" and to "p.ss off". I found a Jag expert who had someone that could recondition the old DPF. Cost only AUD $2,000 (including a full service as well), and rest of the list as per your note above - and the car runs even better than it did new!!! I think the reality is that Jag dealers simply rip you off. Yes the DPF is a pain but when it works it's great!

2011 3.0 V6 Portfolio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts