XF Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the XF have front foglights? I've found the rear foglight switch but there doesn't appear to be one for the front foglights (which don't appear to be present!).

·
Registered
618 Posts
no foglight as they are not required wit xenon lamps and according to my mate who works there they decided not to add them as they thought most would pay for the xenons :(

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My last two cars, a Porsche and a BMW, have had Xenon's AND front fog lights - the front fog lights were standard equipment. I don't think Xenon headlights are a substitute for front fog lights as they serve a different purpose, and Jaguar assuming people will spec the Xenon's is quite incredible. But you learn something new every day!

·
Registered
51 Posts
will i know for a fact in the UK you would need a fog lights , i think i'll start hunting around to see if any third party manufacturers make any but here in saudi we only have 5 days of fog a year loool

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
XF Man said:
will i know for a fact in the UK you would need a fog lights , i think i'll start hunting around to see if any third party manufacturers make any but here in saudi we only have 5 days of fog a year loool
According to the above posts that is simply not the case :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live in the countryside and with my old car fog lights did help, with the XF's xenon lights not a problem at all.
They are fantastic, I don't need anything else.
Probably (with the Auruga wheels) the best extra I had fitted.
ck1 :)

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Here in deepest darkest Wales I've often needed front fog lights on dark country lanes in winter.

How strange, never even considered it before - I was too tight to plump for the xenons.

Can't think of another car I've had recently that hasn't had them. Guess I won't miss them too much.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My BMW's got Xenon's and front Fog Lights. I don't use the fog lights that much - but it does make a difference when I do.

When I had a test drive I noticed that I couldn't see any front fog lights and I asked the sales rep where they were.

He said they were integrated in the main set. - but I wasn't convinced.

I supose we will have to put up with Chrome Blades instead :cool:

I am interested in the cornering light aspect though and if anyone can expain how they work this would be most appreciated.

Daniel

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
dcsxf said:
I am interested in the cornering light aspect though and if anyone can expain how they work this would be most appreciated.

Daniel
Here you are Daniel

·
Registered
303 Posts
At least XF owners won't be part of the annoying group of drivers that turn on their fog lights whenever it rains, gets dark etc....
For that, Jaguar should be applauded :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only legal reqmt in the UK is rear fogs.

I've had fogs and xenons on my current vehicle and I have never used the foglights in foggy weather. The xenons are more than good enough and if really bad then the high beams come on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jaguar has taken the decision to remove front fog lights from all there new products (hence both the XF and revised XK do not have them). As some have mentioned, one of the reasons for this is that cars fitted with xenon headlights do not require additional light from another source. However the misuse of fog lights by some drivers, which can lead to dazzling of other road users, is another reason. The major cause of accidents in the fog is cars failing to break in time and rear-ending the car in front, that's why rear fog lights are so important.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've never found front fogs to be of much use, but they don't half dazzle you when you meet someone coming the other way and there's no fog. I think they're more for effect than for any practical purpose, a bit like blue leds. I once left my front fogs on by mistake after the fog cleared and was stopped and charged by plod :( , so never used them again, and never missed them. Quite happy that Jaguar decided they were unnecessary. I'm waiting for someone to design a device which can shoot out the rear fogs of those diddies who seem to run with them on all the time !

·
Registered
242 Posts
Like XF Admin, I live in the country with no cats eyes or even white lines and fog lights are a definite advantage in foggy conditions. In really dense fog there is too much dazzle from headlights and main beam is a definite no-no - it's like driving into a white wall. Fog lights being set lower and with a diffused lens do not produce the same dazzle and pick out the kerbs/verges nicely.
Havent had cause to need them since getting the XF so for a once in a while requirement I can live without them and I think the 'blades' probably look better than a second pair of 'eyes' !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts