XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have been plagued (perhaps odly) by the grille on my XF versus the Grille on the Jaguar Prototypes.

I have had mine etched and recoloured by my local jaguar Dealer, see what u think

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Welcome to the forum Howard :)
Magnificent shine on your car, looks brilliant :)
I presume it is another Ultimate Black :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've aways liked the idea of having a black grill, I used to have a black mesh grill on my XJ350 but I can't say I like it now I've seen it. Sorry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
WOW!! Think it looks great. Might have to look at it myself when I get mine!! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys thanks for the feedback, the shine if you want to know what to use takes minutes when washing. In the US (never seen them advertised in the UK) there is a large microfibre towel called Big Blue III, use that with the Auto Glym Aqua Wax. Wipe over with a normal microfibre cloth and the shine is amazing, very quick. The Auto Glym is available from any Halfords, if you have difficulty getting hold of a Big Blue (that is if you want one) let me know I know there is an outlet on the net in germany or I can get one for you when next in the US.

Cheers

Howard

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi :D

Great colour choice, as for the grill can't make my mind up... :roll: ...no sorry just have prefer the silver, but thats just me.

Great shine on car..!!!! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to disappoint Guys the colour is Midnight rather than Ult B. For you chaps that prefer the Chrome Grille, if you want your Collar and Cuffs to match (coining a phrase from the great Sean connery) a lower Chrome Grille set is available from S-Design a German Company, search on Google for S Design Jaguar

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid a cost split with the dealer (the 1st one they have been involved with and pictures to advertise) I am not sure what they are planning to charge out at. I do know to get the Grille out the Bumper has to come off. Due to the Chrome on plastic finish a lot of work has to be done to the Grille to get good adhesion. If you were to contact [email protected], he is the parts guy at Cardiff Stratstone who made all of the arrangements. If I were to make a guess about £300 total (painting and bumper labour) but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps

Howard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts