XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new into this forum. I just ordered my XF. The garage seems to be very keen to do a deal. They are offering me >£700 discount on the car and also giving me £2000 more than the market value for my old car. I wonder that Jaguar is struggling to keep the order book. The local news also say that the Castle Browmich plant is cutting down workforce as well. I just hope Jaguar can survive through this economic downturn.

The car I am ordering is in the dealer's stock. So I am collecting next week. Looking forward to it.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
88xf said:
Hi, I am new into this forum. I just ordered my XF. The garage seems to be very keen to do a deal. They are offering me >£700 discount on the car and also giving me £2000 more than the market value for my old car. I wonder that Jaguar is struggling to keep the order book. The local news also say that the Castle Browmich plant is cutting down workforce as well. I just hope Jaguar can survive through this economic downturn.

The car I am ordering is in the dealer's stock. So I am collecting next week. Looking forward to it.
Welcome to the forum 88xf :)
It is no surprise that your dealer is keen to do a deal; it is a very competitive market.
You say that the car you are buying is ex stock and I presume by that you mean it is a demonstrator. It would be interesting to know which model, colour, and extras etc you are getting. Space is available in the Profile section for you to insert this information along with your location etc.

Jaguar have, in common with all luxury car makers, seen their market share drop of late and it is the case that there will be a production adjustment in the fourth quarter this year at Castle Bromwich. We are not told which models, XJ, XK. X or indeed XF that will be reduced, only that it is as a result of the "credit crunch". Presently, the requirement of banks for larger deposits and the imposition of higher interest rates is having an impact on all car sales and we must hope that it is not going to last for very long.

It would be good to see a picture of your car when you get it; in the meantime you will have to suffer the torture of waiting for it :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think the Castle Brom reduction is on the XK, as the market has shrunk massively for this model due to current climate and the fact there is a facelift due early next year. XF sales are still holding up well.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
d4ve said:
I think the Castle Brom reduction is on the XK, as the market has shrunk massively for this model due to current climate and the fact there is a facelift due early next year. XF sales are still holding up well.
That is good news :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
That sounds very similar to the deal I got last week - metallic paint thrown in free and £2150 extra on my part exchange. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe my car is from the new car stock that the dealer has got from Jaguar. they may have ordered a lot in anticipation of high demand. However, they are very keen to complete the sale by end of this month. I believe that different branches of the same dealership are competing to meet the target. Luckily they have the trim that I want, with the discount, it makes paying for it less painful. I am hoping that once I sit in the car, I would feel a whole lot better.

My car is Premium Luxury, Azure blue, with ivory interior, bi xenon lamp, B&Wsystem and parking aid. I will certainly post photo once I get it.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
88xf said:
I believe my car is from the new car stock that the dealer has got from Jaguar. they may have ordered a lot in anticipation of high demand. However, they are very keen to complete the sale by end of this month. I believe that different branches of the same dealership are competing to meet the target. Luckily they have the trim that I want, with the discount, it makes paying for it less painful. I am hoping that once I sit in the car, I would feel a whole lot better.

My car is Premium Luxury, Azure blue, with ivory interior, bi xenon lamp, B&Wsystem and parking aid. I will certainly post photo once I get it.
It sounds very good to me. Slightly surprised by the comment about dealer stock. My guess would be that it is a cancelled order because, and you have not completed your profile so you could be anywhere in the world, dealers in the UK generally only receive cars from Jaguar that are already sold. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I am new to the forum and have been watching the posts as I am considering an XF.

However, as my two local dealers can't come up with a decent price on my current car, a Porsche Cayman, XF ownership will have to wait !

What I do know, however, is that one of the dealers does have stock cars available that are not cancelled orders and they have more arriving shortly.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
bob neville said:
Hi

I am new to the forum and have been watching the posts as I am considering an XF.

However, as my two local dealers can't come up with a decent price on my current car, a Porsche Cayman, XF ownership will have to wait !

What I do know, however, is that one of the dealers does have stock cars available that are not cancelled orders and they have more arriving shortly.
It would be interesting to know which dealers you are refering to.
I have just searched the obvious places and two dealers are not shouting that they have stock presently.
£5000 off a new XJ, no problem. An XF though, requires that you get in the queue :eek:

http://www.orangewheels.co.uk/buy-new/j ... EAodxzXs3w

http://www.cardealerdiscount.co.uk/newjaguar.shtml

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was offered a Radiance Red lux, in stock, with extras last week - not a cancelled order. There was another RR lux due shortly, again stock. I did not ask about other colours.

It appears that the two Jag dealers close to me in the south west have different situations, one is only getting cars that are pre ordered and the other is getting pre ordered and stock cars.

I found this out by direct contact with the dealer not through web sites.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
bob neville said:
I was offered a Radiance Red lux, in stock, with extras last week - not a cancelled order. There was another RR lux due shortly, again stock. I did not ask about other colours.

It appears that the two Jag dealers close to me in the south west have different situations, one is only getting cars that are pre ordered and the other is getting pre ordered and stock cars.

I found this out by direct contact with the dealer not through web sites.
Fascinating story and one I suspect that there is more to than you or we are being told.
It is interesting that since I have had my car, March of this year, I have seen about twenty other XF's around the country. More interesting in my view is that only one of those cars was finished in Azure and not one in Radiance Red.
We hear that Jaguar are having a tough time and yet they are managing to sell to a dealer, cars in what must be one of the least popular colours and, maybe, specification at a time of higher interest rates. Seems there is some serious arm twisting going on ;)
I wonder if they would discount to the same degree a PL model in say, Vapour Grey :?:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
88xf said:

A salesman could spin a story about the competion within the group quite legitimately if it was the case that somewhere in the group your car was cancelled by a buyer.
There would be every reason to promote a competition within the group to sell it.
Yours is a very interesting spec, particularly the ivory.
They will not want to pay stock financing on a car for very long. Better to get it out at a discount and cut their losses, maybe :?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, at my local dealer in GLASGOW, They have two cars in the show room for sale,
(1 Vapour grey) and they are keen to bargain. While at an AYRSHIRE dealer with a
warranty issue, They have 3 new unsold cars in stock, And are trying to sell a demo.
I found this out as i was looking around the showroom, The salesman tried to sell me
one. To which my reply was one XF in a life time is enough. :oops:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dealer I use definitely has stock XFs. I was offer choices of different colours with different specs. The stock cars are not directly from Castle Bromwich, they are stored in the dealer's storage compound. They are not ex-demo either.

It is also useful to try differnt dealers in your area. Even different branches of the same dealership may offer you very different deal. I am sure it is worth shopping around a bit, it may save you a lot of money.

·
Registered
100 Posts
JAGUAR XF STOCK

I think what some dealers are refering to is "Stock Lists" in general. I was chatting to my dealer the other week, he has a centralized stock sheet.

Not sitting on the forecourt - although he could get his hands on a few XF's with 30% discount. I bet you are all reading this and p*****g in your pants.
Don't worry, its because I am able to buy without paying tax and receive overseas discount.

Driving a 2.7 diesel in premium lux. Midnight black with charcoal interior. Had it since June - must say - love cruising on the Autobahns at a comfy 125mph without getting done for speeding.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Re: JAGUAR XF STOCK

Slickfingers said:
I think what some dealers are refering to is "Stock Lists" in general. I was chatting to my dealer the other week, he has a centralized stock sheet.

Not sitting on the forecourt - although he could get his hands on a few XF's with 30% discount. I bet you are all reading this and p*****g in your pants.
Don't worry, its because I am able to buy without paying tax and receive overseas discount.

Driving a 2.7 diesel in premium lux. Midnight black with charcoal interior. Had it since June - must say - love cruising on the Autobahns at a comfy 125mph without getting done for speeding.
I marked you down as a "wind up merchant" a few posts ago ;)
As it happens my attitude is good luck to you and all others that secure a discount; it really doesn't bother me one bit :)

Presently your dealer is offering one used XF:

£34,995 Pearl Grey 12,730m 2007 (57)

Leather Automatic Diesel 19" Auriga alloy wheels Bi-xenon headlights Blind Spot Monitor
Headlamp power wash JaguarVoice system Bowers & Wilkins 440W Sound System
DAB Digital Radio Front Parking Aid + Rear Camera Heated steering wheel
Tyre pressure monitor

http://jaguarauc.2ndbyte.com/control.cf ... tartRow=11

1 - 20 of 22 Posts