XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, since the day my car arrived, I have been amazed at the positive response from people for the car.
Clearly I was bowled over, I wouldn't have parted with so much cash otherwise.
The fact so many people go out of their way to comment on it shows what a great job Jaguar have done with the XF.
Just today, I pulled into a BP garage off the M4 at Reading to refuel. Two women pulled up to the pump beside me and got out to say what a wonderful car I had, how fabulous it looked and how proud I must be :shock:

They asked how old it was (4 weeks) and then asked what it was?
When I pointed to the badge they seemed genuinely surprised it was a Jag.
They sat in the cabin and poked around the interior before I left.
I never thought when I bought a saloon car I'd get sports car attention (not complaining).
Anyone else had similar experiences?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Two ladies poking around in your interior??? My word! :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just after I took delivery I drove past a couple of young ladies who said ' look at that Bentley, looks cool!!)
Amazing

·
Registered
425 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, I was at traffic lights and an older couple were crossing the road and the woman bent down (with emphasis :lol: ) and examined the grille. She then looked at me and gave me a rather frantic thumbs up. I was so baffled I just gave her thumbs up back! :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Recently a guy with an S-Type approached me at a car parking and started a chat about my XF. He had driven his S-Type (diesel I suppose) for more than 220.000 km's and really enjoyed the car. The XF was appealing to him and when I adviced him 'wait for the new XJ' he looked liked his wife wouldn't let him thinking about that kind of expensive car.

This week my family and I went for a short holiday in our country. We parked the car at the long dyke between the northern parts of The Netherlands, for a coffee break at a cafe next to a monument building at the dyke. When my girls and I climbed the stairs of the monument and enjoyed the wide view from the top, I saw a guy next to my parked XF, really admiring it without hesitation, not knowing being watched from a distance.

Especially my wife is very surprised by the attention our XF is getting, from all kinds of people going through our street at home where it's parked. She's not into cars and doesn't has a driving license, but likes the comfort and design of the XF.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I too have had people say it's a "Bentley" from the front, no complaints though! ;)

Image taken from bentleymotors.com

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was in Morrison's car park and the lady parked next to me said.... love the car and especially the colour, i think i will go and buy one on Saturday and then drove off :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
It gets loads of attention. I love it!

XF Long Wait said:
Just after I took delivery I drove past a couple of young ladies who said ' look at that Bentley, looks cool!!)
Amazing
I've had this remark too - odd?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had mine, less than a week and already have been stopped three times in car parks by strangers to pass spontaneous complements. Never had that with the Lexus, ever.

Liking it ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
^ Yes, I had a rental Sc430 and the most it got out of anyone was "nice car". :lol:

It wasn't a particularly good looking car but I just loved it two reasons, the engine, and the exclusivity. :lol:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Adoring XF admirers.

I thought I was going to start a new thread so it’s a good job I did a search first and found this rather old one.
The last previous post here being 15/7/2009, it’s now 27/01/2013 so here goes anyway.

Despite its now advanced age in terms of new models of cars, have you found more than a little interest in your XF from Joe Public?
I’ve had mine for only ten months and I reckon while parking I’ve had maybe ten people stop to pass on admiring words.
Yesterday I stopped behind a parked car in a narrow street in my town to allow passage of an advancing car, the driver stopped alongside and indicated for me to open my window whereupon he engaged me in glowing praise for the XF, his parting shot before the traffic backed up was “why people go out and buy *** and ***** I can’t imagine”!

When I took my first and conclusive test drive in an XF the salesman mentioned that in ownership I would find interest in the car from strangers, at first I simply took this as an Arthur Daly moment from a keen salesman but then I remembered I had done just that myself when as a pedestrian I had once stopped to offer help to an XF driver with a puncture who turned out to be sensibly waiting for the AA.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I had done just that myself when as a pedestrian I had once stopped to offer help to an XF driver with a puncture who turned out to be sensibly waiting for the AA.
Fascinating, I now know why when I had a puncture a guy stopped his van came over and changed the wheel. He would not take any kind of reward but was delighted to have the customary tour of the XF :D
In fact even to this day, over four years later I am still giving tours. Last one was last week when an S Type owner sidled up to me and said " that is going to be my next car" He then got the tour which starts with him putting his foot on the brake, pressing the starter and watching the theatrics and including the reverse camera :)
In the early days we noticed cars deliberately overtaking and then dropping back so that they could take in the view. Even noticed one "white van" driver almost lean out of his passenger window to see more and we were on the M1 :eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Took my XF to France and at one rest area a car full of French people took a lot of interest in the car. Didn't see a single French registered XF the whole week so I guess the XF had a certain rarity value.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just back from the M4 between Reading & Newbury and had two different S Type drivers, following, then slowly overtaking, and then pulling in front. In one the lady in the front passenger seat was taking a lot of interest! Can only be in the XF, certainly not in me!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Just back from the M4 between Reading & Newbury and had two different S Type drivers, following, then slowly overtaking, and then pulling in front. In one the lady in the front passenger seat was taking a lot of interest! Can only be in the XF, certainly not in me!
Perhaps it's my age but I find myself increasingly admiring S-Types :eek:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well, I was at a hotel in Perthshire and 2 youths came up and were fascinated with the car and I let them start it to get the full effects. They were amazed and hopefully are future Jaguar drivers.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Just remembered that when we, my wife and I, drove down our local High Street in our first XF, a 2,7, I noticed a lad, a 12 yr old or about that, was holding a camera and pointing it at our car. I thought that he wasn't interested in us, or our XF, but imagine the surprise when I happened to check the rear view mirror and could see the lad was panning the camera to capture the XF. I was amazed at his ability to identify the car and have the presence of mind to capture the image. Where does that come from, his Dad's Autocar mag perhaps ?

·
Banned
468 Posts
In nearly a year of ownership, I've only had one person say to me about how the car looks beautiful, and I was following them to the car in the local every little helps. They only noticed I was walking behind them, when I laughed as she said to her husband 'now thats a beauty'. The car does get plenty of admiring glances, but not so much that anybody comes up to me and says so.

It may be that Aberdeen, and the N.E. of Scotland is a fairly affluent area of the UK thanks to the Oil and Gas industry. There are a look of prestige cars up here, and the local town Elgin, has 4 XF's already in a population of some 25, 000 - isn't too bad. Still lots of Audi and BMW up here though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have come back to the car to find others looking around the car and then asking me questions about the reality of the car to own. I have had someone beep at me at the lights then point to my car and give me a big thumbs up. I have had loads of people oggling the car at the lights and when they notice I have seen them oggling they look away quickly lol I like all that but I can honestly say I think it is a superb looking car that hasn't aged.....yet.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Rigger, maybe they think you will charge too much for the tour given the reputation of Aberdonians :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts