XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case any owners of the new 3.0Ds are interested, which they must be, we're now under way with developments for this model.

Exhaust:
Our XFR style quad exhaust is about 3-4 weeks away from completion. We have confirmed we can run the same silencer and tail pipes but the routing and pipe size for the 3.0D are different, so once a new pattern is finished the exhausts will be in stock.

Same price with 10% discount for forum members.
After 10% discount: £540 + VAT = £621 (inc free delivery)

Sports Suspension:
Now confirmed as available for the new 10MY 3.0Ds and 5.0 V8 - see here http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1090

20" Wheels:
Lighter, stronger, better ride and steering - see here http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=781

Engine Map:
This will take some time but we have a car for DMS to use. Hopefully we can do an S option for the non S varaints and then a high power version for both. Not sure what the new engine will get to but based on the 535d we're hoping for more than 310 bhp.

If you're interested in anything then get in touch by private message, e-mail at [email protected] or phone us on 0800 7565347. Please post questions on this thread if you have any.

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For interested parties:

The 3.0D S map is on course to be available in December.

Getting here has been complicated because of the new technology which means we won't be able to offer any discounts for forum members or those that could travel to Southampton. This means the price will be set at £850 plus VAT.

To start with this will also only be one map available for the S, hopefully the non S version will follow later.

Lastly, power output is expected to be more than 320bhp and hopefully very close to the 330bhp mark.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Spires

I might consider your exhaust tailpipes. Couple of questions if I may. How does the exhaust note differ? I couldn't help but notice that the standard Jaguar V6 diesel sounds a lot less 'meaty' than the V6 diesel offerings from BMW and Mercedes, which I hate to say do sound better?

Does fitting your tailpipes void the warranty in anyway?

Thanks
Steve

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stevewallis100 said:
Hi Spires

I might consider your exhaust tailpipes. Couple of questions if I may. How does the exhaust note differ? I couldn't help but notice that the standard Jaguar V6 diesel sounds a lot less 'meaty' than the V6 diesel offerings from BMW and Mercedes, which I hate to say do sound better?

Does fitting your tailpipes void the warranty in anyway?

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,

yes the exhaust note improves with more of a growl, especially on throttle. Sounds rather good but not a big increase in volume so still quiet for cruising.

As for warranty then there shouldn't be any issues as there's nothing it can really affect. Two Jag dealers are happy this is the case but this is not an official aOK.

Also the price is about to come down, as we've changed suppliers, to £549 plus VAT.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks for the reply Spires. Do you have a car with the exhaust fitted to that I could come and listen too / hear in action?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts