XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have experienced a slightly concerning problem which occurs when accelerating after lifting off accelerator when approaching a roundabout or junction and then trying to pull away.
The car has 31000 miles on the clock and only recently experienced this problem.
The car does not cut out, there is just no response from the accelerator. Within a few seconds and depressing the pedal a few times the power returns.
The car has been serviced at main dealer all its life.
Took into Inchcape Norwich today and after putting it on a basic fault code reader there were no faults recorded.
A suggestion was that the butterfly in the throttle body could be sticking and could require de-gunging.
Has anybody else experienced this problem? If so what has been the solution?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Has anybody else experienced this problem?
I have the V6 3.0D, also from 2012, and just over 50 k miles on the clock.
I have never experienced this type of problem.

Perhaps a dirty / contaminated fuel issue ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help....again. Am working through the options I found on various jag sites.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
My bet, in rough order of likelihood, for you to look at would be:
1 - Throttle (drive by wire) position sensor - maybe it is not sending the right signal when you go from coast to go very fast.
2 - ICP Sensor - maybe bad or had faulty contacts.
3 - Brake sensor/switch - The way the XF is designed, if the ECU thinks your foot is still on the brake it will not accelerate (safety thing). So check your brake sensor switch. If you listen to it you will hear a click noise as your foot comes off the brake. If that is delayed, the switch may be bad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your suggestions. I am gathering info from various sources and will work my way through them as appropriate.

·
Registered
153 Posts
A friend's XF had very similar problems...pulling away from junctions or roundabouts and the engine lost power briefly, before springing back to life. The Jag dealership had the car in several times but were unable to find the problem initially, it wasn't untill they had the car in for a few weeks that eventually the cause was discovered. They replaced the EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) and everything was fine thereafter. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. Dr Morbius. I will have a word wiyh my friendly dealer service advisor and see what they suggest and quote. 😊

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can also check if your MAF sensor may need a clean (you may as well check how clean your air filter is at the same time too)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts