XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm considering the XF 3,0 D S Portfolio, but have a few questions that I hope you can answer for me.

Can I get a DS Portfolio with the R aerodynamic pack and the adaptive cruise control?

Can I get R seats and black veneer in it?

Can I get adaptive suspension in it like in the XFR?

The reason I'm asking is that I asked the dealer and they said that it was not possible....but the I read TMS's topic.... :eek:

I'm really looking foreward to your replay as I think the XF is beautifull and drives fantastic...

/Jacob

Ps. regarding your tread about if the XF attracts younger people to the brand....well I'm 25 and are at present driving a C55 AMG that I've owned for 3 years and got when it had done 10.000 km... And I love the looks of the XF (especially the R version (and sound), but I will never buy a car that does 20L/100 KM as my everyday car again...).

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sofus :)
I do hope that you are able to buy an XF in the near future; it is a great car :)
Is there a local Jaguar website that you can check for the answers to your questions.
I am sure I am right in saying that you can't have the R aerodynamic pack and the adaptive cruise control.
Other items may not be available in the country you are living in and the specification of an imported car may be different.
Please consider adding a little detail about yourself in the Profile section, it would be very good if you displayed your location at least :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi there Sofus,

So nice to see a fellow countryman here, and in the same town too. :)

Who are you talking to about the car?
I got mine from Lani Bil in Helsingborg. They are a bit far away, but so far I have gotten excellent service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xfswede said:
Hi there Sofus,

So nice to see a fellow countryman here, and in the same town too. :)

Who are you talking to about the car?
I got mine from Lani Bil in Helsingborg. They are a bit far away, but so far I have gotten excellent service.
Hi xfswede

Thank you for your replay!

I'm talking to Carl at Jaguar in Malmö. So far the service has been fine, except the aparently wrong information about the possibility to order the black veneer in a Portfolio..

My problem is that my current car is special, so many dealers won't trade it in. Jaguar in Malmö will (though I haven't got the price yet).

Who where your contact in Helsingborg? I might give him a call... :)

The black veneer, R seats and dynamic suspension is crutial to me and I do not think I will buy the car if I can't get those options.... So I was pretty disapointed when the salesman got back to me yesterday - and really surprised when I read TMS's subject....

When did you get your XF?

How much diesel do you use in awerage?

/Jacob

·
Registered
251 Posts
I did business with Hans Nordén. He is a true petrol head. He used to drive Formula 3 and now manages an STCC team.

I would definitely ask him about your preferred options. Most of them a quite new but they should be available to the S even in this country. Go through the builder on jaguar.co.uk and see what fits.

I have had my car for a month and so far I get 7,8 l/100 km (about 36 mpg) over 4000 km (2500 miles).
I am still hoping it will drop a bit, but the latest Auto Motor & Sport have the same figures for the S so I guess that's the ballpark. 42 mpg seems out of reach (at least for those of us who like spirited driving).

Quite happy anyway. The lower fuel cost compared to my previous car will offset the increase in tax on this one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xfswede said:
I did business with Hans Nordén. He is a true petrol head. He used to drive Formula 3 and now manages an STCC team.

I would definitely ask him about your preferred options. Most of them a quite new but they should be available to the S even in this country. Go through the builder on jaguar.co.uk and see what fits.

I have had my car for a month and so far I get 7,8 l/100 km (about 36 mpg) over 4000 km (2500 miles).
I am still hoping it will drop a bit, but the latest Auto Motor & Sport have the same figures for the S so I guess that's the ballpark. 42 mpg seems out of reach (at least for those of us who like spirited driving).

Quite happy anyway. The lower fuel cost compared to my previous car will offset the increase in tax on this one.
The dealer called today, and they had a short look at my car. The tradein price level (they want to do a full test before they will give a definitive trade in price) was okay, and they offered me a 5% discount on the car. So all in all really good news :cool:

Regarding the Aerodynamic, suspension and interior pack they had never heard about them (even though the Aerodynamic pack is in the Swedish brochure). The most impressive thing though was that the Swedish importer did not know about them eighter!! The salesman told me that the import will be handled by another firm from next month, so that was maybe why they did not know about it. Anyway he would call the new importer and get back to me tomorrow... Damn I hope that he will bring good news!

So now I'm just wondering wheather I shold choose the Aerodynamic pack including the front bumper or the adaptive cruise control?????

The car is sooooo beautifull with the aerodynamic front bumper, but on the other hand I will be commuting 120 km. a day on highway where the adaptive cruise control would be really nice to have.... What would you guys do :?:

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can now build your new XF on the Jaguar website and both the R seats and black oak trim are available as well as the adaptive suspension. Both options are approx. £3K.

As far as I'm aware both options are available now for ordering and the local dealer I believe has one coming into stock soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Regarding the aerodynamic front bumper vs. the adaptive cruie control, I came up with an idea earlier today:

It is possible to order the adaptive cruise control to a XF-R which means that it must work with the XF-R front bumper. So if I order the XF with the extended side sills but without the front bumper and then order a XF-R front bumper for the dealer to mount after delivery, it will have the looks and the adaptive cruise control!

Only one question remains then; will the XF-R front bumper fit on a XF diesel S?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts