XF Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an XF SE on January 31, 2021. Until now I have not heard anything about the delivery time. I also can't find any information about the duration of the shutdown due to the lack of microchips. Anyone have more info?

·
Registered
Jaguar XF D200 R-Dynamic SE (Santorini Black with black pack, black wheels, red brakes)
5 Posts
Wow - are you still waiting for your XF to be delivered ?? In the UK, dealers are saying its 20 - 24 weeks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow - are you still waiting for your XF to be delivered ?? In the UK, dealers are saying its 20 - 24 weeks
I'm still waiting. He was once promised in early July. But at the beginning of August, no delivery deadline was given. No one can give me more info about the possible delivery date at the moment

·
Administrator
22,567 Posts
I'm still waiting. He was once promised in early July. But at the beginning of August, no delivery deadline was given. No one can give me more info about the possible delivery date at the moment
Are you wanting it to be delivered to Belgium?

I suggest that you read the very long thread about the iPace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just received a call from my dealer. My car will be made at the end of December and I can expect it at the end of January. Without the 3D camera and the 16-way electrically adjustable front seats. This without a reduction on the agreed price. If I insist, the camera and electrically adjustable front seats will be there anyway. But then they can't promise me when I can ever expect my car. I have to swear right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I find out which service you used to place your order for delivery? I want to order some parts for my car soon, and I want to choose a decent service, as my goods must reach me safely. I would not like to stumble upon scammers or services in which my spare parts will come damaged since they are pretty expensive, and in principle, I think no one wants this to happen to them. I am often advised to order through china post package tracking, but I would like to hear feedback from actual buyers. If someone here can notify me of some delivery services or express their opinion about what I suggested, I will be pleased to hear you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I find out which service you used to place your order for delivery? I want to order some parts for my car soon, and I want to choose a decent service, as my goods must reach me safely. I would not like to stumble upon scammers or services in which my spare parts will come damaged since they are pretty expensive, and in principle, I think no one wants this to happen to them. I am often advised to order through china post package tracking, but I would like to hear feedback from actual buyers. If someone here can notify me of some delivery services or express their opinion about what I suggested, I will be pleased to hear you
I ordered it by an official Belgian dealer.

·
Registered
Jaguar XF SE P250 R-Dynamic Auto
30 Posts
A brief history of my experience might be of interest:

Jun 2021: I ordered an XF P250 SE. I knew about the chip shortage issue, so didn't expect a firm delivery date, but the order quoted October 2021. Among other extras, I specified ACC and HUD as must-haves. I also ordered 16-way memory seats. The 360deg camera, another requirement, was listed as standard.

Jul 2021: Given the circumstances, I checked the Jag website to review the build, to make sure that the standard spec wasn't changing behind the scenes. Lo and behold, the 16-way seats were now included, as were one or two other options which I had specified. I pointed this out to the dealer, who responded with a revised build.

Sep 2021: On checking the website again I discovered some important changes to the standard spec. The 16-way seats and Surround Camera were now optional extras, and HUD was not offered at all. We pointed this out to the dealer, who advised us that it was best to leave things as they were and see what develops. No delivery date was in the offing. Even though we emphasised that these were possible deal-breakers, the order was not amended at that time. Crucially, the camera and 16-way seats were not listed, because they had been standard at the time of the original order.

Over the next few months I periodically checked the build on the website, but nothing changed, except that HUD soon reappeared as an option.

Feb 2022: The dealer at last informed me that the car was expected in mid-March. I was assured that the spec was as per the original order, which of course implied that the 3D Camera and 16-way seats had been reinstated.

02 Mar 2022: Out of the blue they called me to say that the car was in the showroom. They sent me a copy of the sales agreement, which was as per the original order from last July.

On reading it however, I realised that the 16-way seats and 3D camera were not listed. The dealer confirmed that they were not on the car. Because they'd been included in the standard build, they hadn't realised that they'd had to be added as options, and I had gone by their assurance that it would be covered. It is obvious with hindsight that the paperwork should have been amended back in September.

I was then left with the decision of what to do. The HUD and ACC were both there; I could live without the 16-way seats, as the car had the 12-way driver's memory feature which is good enough, really. The biggest decision was over the 360deg camera, as the car as delivered had no front cameras at all. The Evoque I'd traded in had good cameras front and back, and I'd miss them. The dealer was adamant that no Jags were being delivered with the cameras, but I'm not so sure about that. They did hold their hands up in full apology, and in the end I went for the car with a substantial extra discount off the price.

As I have posted elsewhere, I am super pleased with the XF, and don't regret accepting it. I do miss the camera, but not dreadfully. And as my Evoque had risen quite a bit in trade-in value, and the XF's price hadn't moved, I was financially better off than I thought I'd be.

Sorry about this long post. Hope it's of interest. There is one huge lesson to learn:

With long waits for deliveries these days, it's essential to keep checking that the car you'll get will be the one you ordered. The Jag website is very good at that; just build your car again and compare it with the original. Then make sure the dealer is properly on the ball.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A brief history of my experience might be of interest:

Jun 2021: I ordered an XF P250 SE. I knew about the chip shortage issue, so didn't expect a firm delivery date, but the order quoted October 2021. Among other extras, I specified ACC and HUD as must-haves. I also ordered 16-way memory seats. The 360deg camera, another requirement, was listed as standard.

Jul 2021: Given the circumstances, I checked the Jag website to review the build, to make sure that the standard spec wasn't changing behind the scenes. Lo and behold, the 16-way seats were now included, as were one or two other options which I had specified. I pointed this out to the dealer, who responded with a revised build.

Sep 2021: On checking the website again I discovered some important changes to the standard spec. The 16-way seats and Surround Camera were now optional extras, and HUD was not offered at all. We pointed this out to the dealer, who advised us that it was best to leave things as they were and see what develops. No delivery date was in the offing. Even though we emphasised that these were possible deal-breakers, the order was not amended at that time. Crucially, the camera and 16-way seats were not listed, because they had been standard at the time of the original order.

Over the next few months I periodically checked the build on the website, but nothing changed, except that HUD soon reappeared as an option.

Feb 2022: The dealer at last informed me that the car was expected in mid-March. I was assured that the spec was as per the original order, which of course implied that the 3D Camera and 16-way seats had been reinstated.

02 Mar 2022: Out of the blue they called me to say that the car was in the showroom. They sent me a copy of the sales agreement, which was as per the original order from last July.

On reading it however, I realised that the 16-way seats and 3D camera were not listed. The dealer confirmed that they were not on the car. Because they'd been included in the standard build, they hadn't realised that they'd had to be added as options, and I had gone by their assurance that it would be covered. It is obvious with hindsight that the paperwork should have been amended back in September.

I was then left with the decision of what to do. The HUD and ACC were both there; I could live without the 16-way seats, as the car had the 12-way driver's memory feature which is good enough, really. The biggest decision was over the 360deg camera, as the car as delivered had no front cameras at all. The Evoque I'd traded in had good cameras front and back, and I'd miss them. The dealer was adamant that no Jags were being delivered with the cameras, but I'm not so sure about that. They did hold their hands up in full apology, and in the end I went for the car with a substantial extra discount off the price.

As I have posted elsewhere, I am super pleased with the XF, and don't regret accepting it. I do miss the camera, but not dreadfully. And as my Evoque had risen quite a bit in trade-in value, and the XF's price hadn't moved, I was financially better off than I thought I'd be.

Sorry about this long post. Hope it's of interest. There is one huge lesson to learn:

With long waits for deliveries these days, it's essential to keep checking that the car you'll get will be the one you ordered. The Jag website is very good at that; just build your car again and compare it with the original. Then make sure the dealer is properly on the ball.
I recognize myself in your story. the specifications of the car is about the same. What differend is: I ordered my car in January 2022, it was promised to me several times. Unfortunately I still haven't received it. The dealer is guessing late June or early July, but he's not sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I recognize myself in your story. the specifications of the car is about the same. What differend is: I ordered my car in January 2022, it was promised to me several times. Unfortunately I still haven't received it. The dealer is guessing late June or early July, but he's not sure.
Sorry The order date was Januari 2021

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry The order date was Januari 2021
That's a long time to wait, compared with mine. As I say, I suggest you check the order against the current spec. If necessary, there's probably still time to correct any discrepancies.

I've just redone mine, out of curiosity. Despite what my dealer said, the 360 camera is still being offered. ACC is standard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a call from the dealer that my XF will probably be delivered at the end of this year. that means waiting at least 2 years for a new car. Just embarrassing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got a call from the dealer that my XF will probably be delivered at the end of this year. that means waiting at least 2 years for a new car. Just embarrassing.
That's a real bummer. :(

Can I suggest you follow my advice and rebuild your car on the Jag website; just to make sure everything still looks OK? Mine did turn up out of the blue, rather sooner than the dealer predicted, so maybe there's some hope.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jaguar Belgium does not accept orders. Everything goes through dealers. They are also the ones you can discuss with to get a good discount. In the meantime, my dealer suggested to take a look at his stock. He has 1 XF, some F-Paces and 4 more i-Paces.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jaguar Belgium does not accept orders. ...
No, they don't in the UK either.

What I meant was, if you do a speculative build on the website, you can compare it with your order to see if anything has changed, including the price. Assuming of course the Belgian site offers that facility.

That's what I did,, a few times, and discovered that things such as 360 camera and 16-way seats moved from being extras to included in the standard spec and back to extras. The HUD wasn't listed at all for a short while. That's how I lost out, because the dealer didn't realise they had to be ordered separately, and I believed them when they said it was all in hand. If I'd had insisted a bit harder at the time, I might well have been OK.

Things can change often in the current climate, and after a 2-year wait you'd want to make sure you get what you ordered; or at least don't get some nasty surprises.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am still by no means sure if I will have a car by the end of this year.
I just got an email from the dealer. It has an approved XF, but it doesn't have the adaptive cruise control and neither the AWD. These are things I care about. In addition, the registration date is March 2021.
I am not interested in an approved car. I want a new one. He also introduced me to 2 iPace cars. One of them MY2020 eb appproved, so not good. The other is new. It's the EV400 SE AWD MY2022.
But the difference in price is huge. The XF had a price tag of 65000 Euros, the iPace has one of 99800 Euros.
A huge difference, I will have to sleep on it for several nights before I make a decision.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am still by no means sure if I will have a car by the end of this year.
I just got an email from the dealer. It has an approved XF, but it doesn't have the adaptive cruise control and neither the AWD. These are things I care about. In addition, the registration date is March 2021.
I am not interested in an approved car. I want a new one. He also introduced me to 2 iPace cars. One of them MY2020 eb appproved, so not good. The other is new. It's the EV400 SE AWD MY2022.
But the difference in price is huge. The XF had a price tag of 65000 Euros, the iPace has one of 99800 Euros.
A huge difference, I will have to sleep on it for several nights before I make a decision.
Yes, the iPace is expensive, but it's a very good car.

People's circumstances are different, but I couldn't contemplate an EV as my only or main car at the moment; nor do I see it in the future.

My wife has an electric e-Golf and I have my XF, although in practice we share them according to the journey rather than by whose car it is.

This suits us perfectly. The Golf only has an effective range of about 120 miles, but it is ideal for all the assorted local errands up to about 25 miles radius. We've had it 3 years, and never once charged it away from home. The XF is for longer trips, days out, touring holidays, etc. Over a year we do about the same number of miles in each car.

My point is that even with the sort of range you get nowadays, there's no way an EV would suit us.

You'd have to ask yourself the same question. Living on the Continent as you do, there's even more scope for long distance journeys, but I don't know how well you're served by charging points. It seems a bit OTT to spend that sort of money on a car you can't use for the most important trips.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts