XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve had this car for a few years with no problems.
The entertainment system is pretty basic...no DAB although it will play music from my ancient ipod without problems.
Ive been trying to play music from my Huwaei p30 pro phone via bluetooth which doesnt work even though it pairs with the jag for phone calls.
I bought a lead to plug into the aux input but that isnt recognised either.
The local Jag garage told me it would be possible to update the jags entertainment software but that there was still no guarantee it would work for the purpose of playing music from my phone. I dont think theres any wifi options on the jag so its not something I could do myself.
Has anybody else experienced this issue....or might know what the answer is?
Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
You didn't mention using a USB memory stick for your music. Not as convenient as using a phone but it is a popular choice. Apart from that the only thing I can suggest is changing your phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi....Ive tried a usb stick and that doesnt work either.......changing the phone isnt an option since ive only just bought it and it would probably mean using a very old phone which would defeat the object

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi ricardo125. I'm interested to know more about the USB not working. It should work fine for music playback but problems can crop up. Does anything register with the car when you plug a memory stick in or does it do absolutely nothing? If it registers with the car, but you're unable to see any files, take it in home and reformat it correctly (check your car's manual to see what format it needs to be). If this all fails see if you can check the USB female plug in the car to make sure it's not damaged. It might be difficult to see, but the connections inside the female USB plug have been known to get bent. A rare likelyhood, but worth checking. Also I have very vague recollection of reading about a USB fuse, but I could well be wrong, but it's worth checking in the car's manual or waiting for somebody on these forums to confirm. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts