XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously it's nigh on impossible to achieve the official MPG figures. So, what have you guys who already have your XF 2.7 Diesel achieved in fuel economy? One review i've read suggests 31MPG on a mixture of town and motorway driving. Whilst this is pretty poor by modern diesel standards, it's still better than a petrol!

·
Administrator
432 Posts
31 mpg is pretty disappointing IMO, especially compared with BMW's engines.

The performance of the engine on the test drive was very good though, plenty of grunt and not too much rattle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well I borrowed an S type on the weekend as i have put my ML in part x. I drove from wakefield to south wales and back and averaged 39-40 MPG. since XF has same engine am expecting same (ish) performance. averaged 28-29 around town.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mine has done 2000 miles now, so its about time the numbers started to look a little like the official figures, which were spot on with my previous cars. the average at this time is 32.7 but i am noticing that this is climbing slowly day by day, my use is pretty much the same between motorway and around town, so the engine is getting more efficient, which makes sense being very new and like a virgin. i will be driving to Germany next week and hope to increase the overall with this run. and post the results. :shock:

·
Registered
204 Posts
ok, well really good news here instead of me bitching about the accessories-jag xf web site, here is a real plus. i have just come back from Germany with my XF (2.7d) the round trip was 1640 miles and the average was 38.4 that is really good news, i cruised around 80 most of the time taking her to 100 for overtaking and just for the hell of it, because you can. so my overall on the A trip from new is showing just short of 4K and a very reasonable 35.8 overall, i am happy with this and i do think it could do better once run in at about 5-6K. I didnt buy the car for economy but at over £1.15 a litre it helps eh.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have covered about 3000 miles now and am averaging 34.8 mpg with a mixture of motorway and local roads.

Quite pleased so far though with the price of diesel in this country £80 for a fill up hurts !

·
Administrator
432 Posts
Ady - you want to try filling a Range Rover Sport for £90 and getting 220 miles out of the tank - it's killing me and has to go!

34ish mpg seems pretty reasonable though - bang on the official figures isn't it? Just looked 37.6 combined so not too far off and bang on v6arj.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be reasonably happy with an average of 30+mpg between tankfuls. That would be represent a 50% improvement on my current car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts