XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2,2 2011 got it a few weeks ago love it to bits , no issues just a question mpg i am getting 40 mpg on a run . Should i expect more it was a bit of a stop start run over 90 miles.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hi i have a 2,2 2011 got it a few weeks ago love it to bits , no issues just a question mpg i am getting 40 mpg on a run . Should i expect more it was a bit of a stop start run over 90 miles.
I just had a look at the consumption from when I had one of those. Funny, but I remembered being around the 50 mpg on average, but just looking down the spread sheet, 40 mpg was probably more realistic. It did vary some. Often I was actually around 33 mpg on a tank full of diesel, if I mostly did short journeys in the winter.

For the last year and a half I had the car, and I did 23,000 kms, the average consumption was 38 mpg (UK). I have on rare occasions, if I did a long trip on good main roads with a 80 or 90 km/h speed limit with only a little traffic, and I tried to be careful, not overtaking, not using the brakes, but letting the car slow down by itself when approaching roundabouts, I was able to get 60 mpg. My record was 64 mpg.

I was writing down the amount of diesel and the mileage every time i filled up the tank. On most tanks I would do a fair amount of city driving, which is not economical, and/or a fair amount of high speed motorway driving, which is also not economical. So your 40 mpg is actually a little better than my average of 28 mpg. If it's any comfort, the XF V8, that I have now, is doing 26 mpg on average.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Doing mainly short jpourneys of approx 8 miles each, mine was no better than 37-38mpg iirc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts