XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum. I recently acquired an XF X260. The sunroof opens at one corner only, the motor obviously sensing enough resistance to not force the mechanism open. I know the sunroof reset procedure but I'm a bit apprehensive to do this incase I end up with a partially open sunroof that is unable to close and I'm worse of than a non opening but closed one!.... I see some talk about the rest procedure helping with alignment issues but I believe mines has something broken in the lifter mechanism at this side. Anyone experience. The same or have any advice? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe it's sticky? on wifes xtrail sometimes is - still opens, but you can hear trim being 'ripped off' while opening
Thanks, I don't believe so, it seems like the mechanism for lifting the sunroof isn't working properly on the left side, or it is out of sync with the right.... The right side raises and when continuing to try and edge it open, as the glass moves rearwards it feels like it is jamming the left side which has yet to raise and is unable to push upwards. This is why I'm wondering does the reset procedure realign or re synchronise the mechanisms? An actually technical drawing of the mechanism would be very useful to understand how it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts