XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would guess that most of us have some experience the last few days with using 'winter mode'.
I have never had this facility before and have to say it makes life so much easier. The village I live in sits in the bottom of a valley with steep (and quite long) hills on every road out of the village, only one of which gets gritted. the lane I take to work is probably the steepest of them all and has been treacherous these past days and causing all sorts of problems for fellow villagers. XF in winter mode just sails up and past them.

Mind you it's nice to turn everything off (where appropriate of course) and have a spot of opposite lock fun!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a stock SV8 with pirelli p zero's(summer tires) . I barely made it up a 15 degree slope. Winter mode helped very little but 20 inch rims and lo pro tires don't help either

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
passatglx said:
I have a stock SV8 with pirelli p zero's(summer tires) . I barely made it up a 15 degree slope. Winter mode helped very little but 20 inch rims and lo pro tires don't help either
I think regardless of the low profile or the rim size the fact that you were using your summer tyres would have been the biggest drawback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts