XF Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a little trip out in the sunshine, quite a rare event in the UK this year. However for the first time I noticed there was quite a strong (if thats the right word) relection of the dashboard/instrument coaming on the inside of the windscreen.
Has anyone else noticed this and does anyone have a solution? I found it quite distracting.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
I wish you had not written that :eek:
I have had mine since March and I have had some sunshine but never noticed that.
Dammit, I will now be looking to see if I do :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pekem said:
I wish you had not written that :eek:
I have had mine since March and I have had some sunshine but never noticed that.
Dammit, I will now be looking to see if I do :lol:
Sorry !! :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vapourgrey said:
Shall I ask the sun to stop shining? :mrgreen:
A little drive in the XF is made all the more pleasurable witha little sunshine !! Forget the reflection, just crank up the CD with little laid back music and just enjoy the XF experience :D

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
andrewll said:
Vapourgrey said:
Shall I ask the sun to stop shining? :mrgreen:
A little drive in the XF is made all the more pleasurable witha little sunshine !! Forget the reflection, just crank up the CD with little laid back music and just enjoy the XF experience :D
Now you are talking :lol:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not a problem... i just open my sunroof , bruce springsteen on my I Pod, put my shades on & all the world is wonderful !!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
sodgob said:
Not a problem... i just open my sunroof , bruce springsteen on my I Pod, put my shades on & all the world is wonderful !!
Doesn't that ruin your hair? :evil:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Living in Dubai where it never rains, I have never noticed this. But I bet I damn well do now you've said it. But maybe it's worst at different times of the day when the sun is high or low. Also maybe the colour of your dashboard top is a factor. Mine is dark brown leather.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Well there you are andrewll, now see what you have done. :shock:
You will have Jules racing around the desert like a demented camel looking for something that was always there and always will be :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
618 Posts
There is a slight reflection (you can also see the instrument binacle in the side window when its illuminated at night. However, it could be a lot worse if the dash top wasnt black as standard. I have had a car in the past with a light dash top and it was horrendous!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
craig said:
There is a slight reflection (you can also see the instrument binacle in the side window when its illuminated at night. However, it could be a lot worse if the dash top wasnt black as standard. I have had a car in the past with a light dash top and it was horrendous!
My dash is 'Truffle' (brown). However when I cleaned the car at tjhe weekend I noticed there was a very fine film on the inside of the screen which I have now cleaned and the problem (if you can call it that) has improved. There is still a very slight reflection but it does depend on the angle of the sun. Seems to be worse mid morning.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
andrewll said:
craig said:
My dash is 'Truffle' (brown). However when I cleaned the car at tjhe weekend I noticed there was a very fine film on the inside of the screen which I have now cleaned and the problem (if you can call it that) has improved. There is still a very slight reflection but it does depend on the angle of the sun. Seems to be worse mid morning.
Pleased to hear that you are happy, for most of the day :)
What I would like is someone of the type, generally a small boy, who was sent up chimneys in olden days to clean my windows. I find the rear is really difficult to clean because of the acute rake and the headrests etc. :x

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pekem said:
What I would like is someone of the type, generally a small boy, who was sent up chimneys in olden days to clean my windows. I find the rear is really difficult to clean because of the acute rake and the headrests etc. :x
Agreed, front not too bad but rear very difficult. Maybe a good business opportunity - have you thought about inventing something and braving the Dragon's Den. If you do I will be your first customer or if you know of any small boys in N Oxfordshire !! Will they be small enough to crawl around inside the wheel spokes to get rid of the brake dust as well ?? :lol:

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
andrewll said:
pekem said:
Agreed, front not too bad but rear very difficult. Maybe a good business opportunity - have you thought about inventing something and braving the Dragon's Den. If you do I will be your first customer or if you know of any small boys in N Oxfordshire !! Will they be small enough to crawl around inside the wheel spokes to get rid of the brake dust as well ?? :lol:
Can't say a lot at the moment, commercial confidences etc., ;)
I will say I am thinking about employing an army of ferrets. Idea is that their bushy tails will , when the ferret is introduced into the wheel to recover food from the other side, and then back again for second helping, will remove brake dust and other contaminants. :ugeek:
It might be that living where you do, rural Oxfordshire, you could be the supplier of the ferrets. :?:
I just need to find out what sort of food they like and develop the delivery system :?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting theory but I suspect the RSPCA might have something to say about it and I dont think my wife would be too pleased at the thought of me breeding ferrets.
However we do have some grey squirrels causing havoc in the garden and maybe they could be put to a more constructive use?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts