XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minor issue here but has anybody tried this using the interior lock button on the fascia?
If you hold it in for 3 seconds all open windows should close (page 36 in manual).
In my car, the front windows close but not the back ones. Anyone else have a similar (very minor) problem.

Shez

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: window global closing

Off the top of my head, have you been into the vehicle settings menu and turned global opening and closing on?

·
Registered
247 Posts

Global closing works on mine. Either using the key fob or the dash switch.
As Qhunter says... 'check the vehicle settings menu' to make sure it is not disabled. However, I think you may have a problem as it shouldn't just work on the front windows.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes the global closing is switched on but only seems to work on the front windows :(

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts

Give your dealer a ring and ask if they can advise you. If there is a problem you , and they, will wanted fixed before the weekend :)

·
Registered
22 Posts

Have a very similar issue - global open works fine but global close only closes both fronts and offside rear windows.

Nearside rear only goes up when you manually toggle the door control.

I will give the dealer a ring as suggested and post back the outcome.

Cheers
Payload

·
Registered
70 Posts

Ensure that the "one shot" window lift is set on all the windows.If not then those windows will not respond to global functions.If they do then sounds like an issue with the windows.

·
Registered
22 Posts

The plot thickens - just went down to dealer and they have confirmed as a fault. Booked in for some attention in a couple of weeks.

Just as you thought Jaguar M/T, 'one shot' is working on all windows except the window in question. I guess that is the root cause of the issue and explains why that window does not respond to global closing.

Interestingly, it works fine with global opening....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I phoned my dealer and he sorted it over the phone.

Withe the engine on, from the driver's seat, lower all 4 windows fully using switches on drivers door. Then raise them all again. When raised fully and switches let go, try raise them all again further using the same switches. This resets the global closing for windows.

Worked for me.

Shez :)

·
Registered
22 Posts

Hi Shez

Unfortunately, I tried that without success already and so did the dealer for good measure - I'm pretty convinced the the window controller is faulty in some way as the "one shot" doesn't work on that window only.

In my case, based on the advice above and backed up by the technician at the dealer, I think the global closing thing is the symptom rather than the cause if you see what I mean?

Cheers
Payload

·
Registered
70 Posts

The reason it will open but not close is a safety issue.If not set then the anti trap doesnt function so if global closing was operated then something obstructed the window it wouldnt drop away from the obstruction as it doesnt know its position in the frame.May be what is wrong with the motor assembly cannot learn fully up and fully down positions.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Update on this - fixed swiftly by the dealer. Reprogramming of window required.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Window Opening and Closing Issues

Hi Guys! My first post on this forum and I need a bit of assistance :oops:
I have a 2 month old Premium Luxury 3.0 D with 800 miles on it.The other day I decided to lower the rear windows whilst driving along (don't ask why,I was probably bored) when I became aware that they were still open after using the 'auto-close' feature.
Once I had stopped to investigate I noticed that they would close and then re-open on their own! I had to 'nudge' them up with the switch to close them fully.
I contacted my local dealer today and was told that there will be a software fix for this.Has anyone else had this? It seems odd to me.

I also just had my first 'Resticted Performance' issue come up.I mentioned that and was told that will also be addressed in a future software update.

Anyway,love the car,and glad I found this forum!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Re: Rear window problem

Welcome to the forum, chuckster :)
How refreshing for someone to write about niggles and at the same time remain relaxed, Happy New Year :lol:

·
Registered
319 Posts

I did have the identical problem with the n/s/r window a couple of months ago. had to nudge to close, parked up at night , all ok next morning & no further problems.
i have known of this problem before & always with the n/s/r window.
dealer tells me will check problem on computer.
" we are not alone"

·
Registered
628 Posts

This a.m., the driverside window became inoperative. Locked the car, walked away and on restart an hour later, it worked. Ctrl, alt, delete! These are just rolling computers that sometimes get confused!

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks for that Tennant.I will try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi Chuckster,

I have had the same problem with the rear windows - and had to keep my finger on to close the windows fully - the single touch feature closed the window but they opened again with a 1 inche gap. My problem seems to be intermittent.

My car is being towed back to the Dealer today for other issues - and hopefully they will sort the window problem out too - I will keep you posted.

I have also been told that software updates will solve problems - which I would not accept - so I called the Jag customer support on 01926 691 889 and the guy there did sort a problem I had with my Blackberry phone - may be worth a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts

My car has done just 300 miles and I used the rear window for the first time today and it would not close. It just kept bouncing up and down. Drove straight to the dealer and they reset it and told me not to use it. Jaguar are working on a fix but they have no idea how long this will be. Meanwhile, after reading some of the other comments I am rather worried that the window might open on its own. I might go back to the dealership and ask them what they think about removing the fuse. I must say I'm a bit annoyed and more than a bit worried.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts