XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wound the window down this morning and as it got to the bottom there was a strange noise which I ignored but upon trying to raise it later nothing happened. I have tonight removed all the mechanism and have found a cable snapped where it enters the motor housing. Tomorrow I need to see if I can replace the cable that resembles a bicycle brake cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
At the moment the window is propped up with a stick to hold it closed. Not very jaguar like!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you just want to replace the cable, you could buy the whole regulator for a mark 4 mondeo and use the cable from that. They are almost identical in every way, apart from the motor mounting point
I got one a few months ago to replace a broken plastic clip that holds the glass
Tenner, ebay
£1,000,000, jag

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you just want to replace the cable, you could buy the whole regulator for a mark 4 mondeo and use the cable from that. They are almost identical in every way, apart from the motor mounting point
I got one a few months ago to replace a broken plastic clip that holds the glass
Tenner, ebay
£1,000,000, jag
Thanks Bigvic.
I thought I was buying a Jag not a ford!
I'll have a look online. Have attached photo of offending cable. I'll take the motor assembly apart later to see if I can fix it. I live in France and it's not that easy to source bits.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do yourself a favour whilst you have the door stripped down. See the other cable covered in foam; replace the foam surounding the cable to stop the cable hitting things and causing a rattle in the car when you go over minor bumps. It's a common and very irritating fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts