XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing spoiling the refined ride for me at the moment - at speeds of 50mph and above there is lots of wind noise from the passenger side door - almost as if the door hasnt been closed properly or the window was slightly open.

Must be a door seal issue so will have to get it into the dealer to take a look.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
I have heard of this matter previously and have an idea that the problem is known to Jaguar and that you should get quick support from your dealer :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes, I get this too. A bit annoying as the cabin is so quiet so the wind noise really stands out. I'm not hopeful of my dealer admitting it's a problem though.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My dealer has promised to keep me informed about a fix.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ASK YOUR DEALER TO PHONE JAGUAR TECHNICAL BECAUSE MY CAR HAS BEEN IN AT MY DEALER IN AYR FROM MON 14th JULY AND THEY ARE WORKING WITH JAG TECHNICAL TO FIX PROBLEM , THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT THEY THINK THE NOISE IS COMING IN FROM THE WING MIRROR ARE ARE SENDING PROTO TYPE PARTS TO MY DEALER THIS WEEK . I ALSO TOLD THEM I DONT WANT IT BACK TILL ITS FIXED . IVE ALREADY PUT THIS ON THIS SITE UNDER TECHNICAL ISSUES , WILL KEEP YOUS INFORMED . OH IF YOU NEED A NAME A JAG COSTOMER SERVICES HIS NAME IS JULIAN . DONT LET YOUR DEALER TELL YOU THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS PROB GET ON THE PHONE.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interesting that only some cars appear to suffer from this issue? Mine is fine, in fact its very quiet at speed ;)

Oh PLEASE FIND THE CAPS LOCK AND PRESS IT, it's unnecessary, and actually more difficult to read.

·
Registered
51 Posts
when i went for the test drive in the dealer i told him about that and he said it only happens with the UK XFs i don't know if that is true , maybe becasue of the steering wheel position, but i really tried to hear any thing and in that test drive i really couldn't , in case you are woundring it was the v6 PL that i tested

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think guys that things like this prove yet again the old saying, never buy a new car until it has been out for at least a year. Hopefully most of the problems will be sorted out by then. So, i am going to keep reading the forum but will not be signing my money away just yet. Ok, I'll miss out on not being the first in the neighbourhood with the new model but that is not in the least important to me.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
jonjar said:
I think guys that things like this prove yet again the old saying, never buy a new car until it has been out for at least a year. Hopefully most of the problems will be sorted out by then. So, i am going to keep reading the forum but will not be signing my money away just yet. Ok, I'll miss out on not being the first in the neighbourhood with the new model but that is not in the least important to me.
Problems, what problems :?: It would be a great mistake to regard the XF as a problem car. Of course, there may be occasions when a niggle develops but that is a long way from a manufacturing problem. Most owners are delighted with their XF and are having a fantastic experience. Jaguar based the XF on the acclaimed S Type and the glitches that manifest today in the XF are largely to do with electronics; which cause head scratching with all car makers including Formula 1 cars, which have had the occasional "hard reset" to correct a glitch. So, if you like the XF and think that you will buy one, put your oder in now, you will not see it for a few months, and in the meantime you can rest assured that Jaguar will work tirelessly to eradicate any problems, real or percieved
:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, surely this is one problem isn't it? No matter how many miles a manufacturer tests a new car they cannot duplicate the experience of putting the thing into mass production. I made the mistake of buying a new BMW F800 motorcycle in 2006, having read so many rave reviews about it. Goodness me, what a lot of problems and recalls that had!

No - best to wait a year I think and also of course, they may well have replaced the 2.7d with a better 3 litre engine. Could be better part exchange deals around as well once the order backlog is over.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
jonjar said:
Well, surely this is one problem isn't it? No matter how many miles a manufacturer tests a new car they cannot duplicate the experience of putting the thing into mass production. I made the mistake of buying a new BMW F800 motorcycle in 2006, having read so many rave reviews about it. Goodness me, what a lot of problems and recalls that had!

No - best to wait a year I think and also of course, they may well have replaced the 2.7d with a better 3 litre engine. Could be better part exchange deals around as well once the order backlog is over.
Give it time and we will see!

You are the first person, to my knowledge, to express that view and personally I think that it will not happen. Presently the vast majority of journalistic opinion, that I have read, has regarded the 2.7 diesel as a first class engine and I can't think that Jaguar would want to push the XF in to a higher Carbon bracket for the dubious benefit of more what?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are five pages already on the "any XF faults" thread so there are some niggly things that can spoil the pleasure of ownership and they will be sorted out in time. I think there is a 3 litre diesel on the cards, the 2.7 is not that efficient so it does not follow that a slightly bigger engine with better performance will increase either fuel consumption or carbon emissions.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
jonjar said:
There are five pages already on the "any XF faults" thread so there are some niggly things that can spoil the pleasure of ownership and they will be sorted out in time. I think there is a 3 litre diesel on the cards, the 2.7 is not that efficient so it does not follow that a slightly bigger engine with better performance will increase either fuel consumption or carbon emissions.
Five pages of the same old thing which in most cases are, as you say niggles. Not five pages of well documented technical matters, count the total!
I would have a small bet that you will never have the experience of owning a new XF, whatever size engine, because your heart is not in it and for the cost of new ownership it will never be right for you. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
[quote="jonjar"

No - best to wait a year I think and also of course, they may well have replaced the 2.7d with a better 3 litre engine. Could be better part exchange deals around as well once the order backlog is over.[/quote]

So you will be waiting for a year post a 3.0 launch then?

Come on live a little, get your order in, you know you want to :D

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeh I would say order too - I've had few issues but am very happy to have the car now, despite any problems.

Also remember that on a forum such as this you will always get people picking over the bones of the car - there are lots more 100% satisfied XF owners out there who won't ever post on a forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my xf back today with new part fitted to stop wind noise . they have changed the chrome strip which sits on the outside of the door at the bottom of th window which now has slightly diffrent rubber on it and it works great but at about 75mph you still get wind noise but not as bad as before so im happy now . as for waiting to buy an xf in a year its not the same as it is now because when you pass other cars heads turn , so the longer you wait the more xfs you see and its not so noticeable ,hey im happy

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Glad to hear the mod works as I am taking my car in to have the new seals fitted today. The aftersales manager was a bit sceptical about their effectiveness when he phoned to say they had arrived.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The new seals worked well on the way home. Far less wind noise below 75mph (didn't manage to go any faster) The gusty wind was quite strong but I couldn't hear the gusts as before and the noise of vehicles passing in the opposite direction was less intrusive. Definitely an improvement.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
The new seals worked well on the way home. Far less wind noise below 75mph (didn't manage to go any faster) The gusty wind was quite strong but I couldn't hear the gusts as before and the noise of vehicles passing in the opposite direction was less intrusive. Definitely an improvement.
Excellent, now tell Roma where your dealer is so that he can experience another level of service ;)

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good result

Hopefully my dealer will be able to sort me out too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts