XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched a film recently which involved gangsters making a swift exit from a crime scene in an 80's model Ford Granada. Everything went well for them at the start; the "wheels" man knew his job and got well away avoiding capture. It then occured to me that he probably would not choose an XF as a car of choice today because of the startup proceedure taking as it does some five seconds or so to start the engine and rotate the gear selector to the drive position. Equally, I wondered how the security guys would view this plus the lack of an handbrake in order to do one of their dramatic "handbrake turns"
Any gangsters , defensive drivers or boy racers reading this might like to give their view. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
sodgob said:
And unless the car had a re-fit of the rear screen, they would not be able to see who was chasing them.
Don't matter, the SAT NAV will lose them. :shock: :shock:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When posting to this thread will you please indicate if you are a gangster , defensive driver or boy racer. This information is collected for research only and will not be passed to third parties :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
pekem said:
When posting to this thread will you please indicate if you are a gangster , defensive driver or boy racer. This information is collected for research only and will not be passed to third parties :lol:
well , i thought about it first but if i would do a bank job , i'll get the driver to have the car running becasue we don't take much time in such Job :cool:

and yah , i'll get my SV8 in a month or so time :lol:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you are a gangster. :eek:
I can imagine that you will create a great sand storm when you make your getaway :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts