XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the 2.7D with 18" Venus wheels. I have a set of winter tyres in storage for them ( we use winter tyres in winter here in Germany)

I have ordered a 3S which comes with the 20" Senta's. A quick check revealed 20" winter tyres are a bargain £400 EACH!!!!

The cheaper option is for me to buy some 18" alloys and put my existing winter tyres on them for the 4 or so months over winter.

I have spoken to two dealers back in Blighty and customer services and noone can give me a definite 100% yay or nay.
The main points of concern being, are the brake calipers larger on the S, hence the 20" wheels or are they the same and the 20" wheels are just a cosmetic addition.

If I am ok to use 18" wheels, there are still a lot of wheel dealers that still don't have the XF on their computer screens and are telling me that the hub fittings for the XF are the same as the S-Type. Is this true or do they lie? :?

Cheers Benn.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Benn
have checked up on this issue for you and found that the 3.0 diesel S uses the brakes from the SV8 so therefore 18inch wheels will not fit over the brakes.The smallest you can go is 19inch.So therefore you wont be able to use your existing tyres.The stud pattern is the same across all the range.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry service, I forgot I put this on here :oops:

I have since been onto Jaguar UK and they have said that the 18" wheels will fit onto the S. By all accounts it is an option in mainland Europe to have 18" wheels on the S, just not over in Blighty for some reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts