XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever used wicked wheels or similar service to get alloys repaired.

First sunny day for ages here so gave the car a good wash and the wheels on my Range Rover Sport are scratched to buggery.

I blame the missus (obviously) but wondered if anyone had had their alloys repaired before and if so how much was it worth it etc?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ye used (wonder wheels I think) near Milton Keynes. I acquired some used wheels for my NSX but they were rough. Took them to wonder wheels who bead blast paint and clear coat. Frankly they looked like new :)

I've had them on the car for over 2 years and covered about 35K miles, they still look like new, bar the odd scrape inflicted by me :x

I think they were about £50 per wheel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if this question should be part of this thread, but it has to do with wheels, I just love my new XF, however I live in Canada, and winter is coming. The winters here are harsh, and the potholes in the roads are famous for swallowing cars whole. The low profile tires on the XF concern me. Does anyone know if I can fit regular steel rims and regular profile tires on for the winter? thanks in advance for any advice

·
Administrator
22,451 Posts
Greybloke said:
Ye used (wonder wheels I think) near Milton Keynes. I acquired some used wheels for my NSX but they were rough. Took them to wonder wheels who bead blast paint and clear coat. Frankly they looked like new :)

I've had them on the car for over 2 years and covered about 35K miles, they still look like new, bar the odd scrape inflicted by me :x

I think they were about £50 per wheel?
Is that the company that keeps the car overnight and lends you a stock wheel to get you back on the road?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts