XF Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I’m new to the forum and have a question about odd looking gaps in the bumper just beneath the headlights.
I have a 2014 XF Sportbrake which I have owned for about 3 years and have been puzzled by this as it’s not what you’d expect to see on an luxury car brand.
I don’t know if the car has been involved in an accident in the past that has bent the bumper but it’s exactly the same under both headlamps which makes me think that maybe it was like that from new??
I recently had a collision with a deer and impact has pushed the bumper back on the passenger side closing the gap which now looks much better
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Vehicle Tire

the drivers side still has the gap underneath the headlight which is still clearly visible
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Car Automotive lighting

the car is going into the bodyshop to have a new bumper fitted so my question is whether these gaps should be visible when the new bumper is fitted.
Can anyone help with this?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
there shouldn't be any gaps. had the same on right side. all it needs doing is undoing few screws (2? cant remember), accessing from arch wheel, which will loosen up bumper, reattach and redo the screws. literally pushing back in place as what deer done on the left. it requires some strength, 2 ppl best, one holds bumper and second redo screws

gaps are more likely from changing bulbs and bumper not reattached properly - yes you need take off bumper to gain access to headlight units for changing bulbs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there shouldn't be any gaps. had the same on right side. all it needs doing is undoing few screws (2? cant remember), accessing from arch wheel, which will loosen up bumper, reattach and redo the screws. literally pushing back in place as what deer done on the left. it requires some strength, 2 ppl best, one holds bumper and second redo screws

gaps are more likely from changing bulbs and bumper not reattached properly - yes you need take off bumper to gain access to headlight units for changing bulbs.
Hi Bik3rz,
Thank you for the advise. I did wonder if the bumper might have moved out of place. Have just taken car the Jaguar approved repair bodyshop and said the same, that there shouldn’t be any visible gap. I’m hoping to get the car repaired at Jaguar but reckon their estimate will be a little more than my local garage. Jaguar have told me it’s my choice who repairs the car and not the insurers so hopefully can get it sorted by the experts.
Thanks again👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts