XF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having 2 little bundles of joy under 3 means lots of swapping and changing of 2 car seats in the back of the XF.

Both the seats we use are Isofix seats (the ones that have the metal bars that clamp onto the supports in the car).

Well trying to access those metal bars is an absolute nightmare! I don't know if its just because the leather is new but the leather covering the bars must an inch to an inch and a half overlapping and it has almost no give in it whatsoever. That combined with the thick foam padding around the bars means it takes a lot of time and some considerable force to get the seat in. I'm pretty sure my wife will not be able to insert the isofix seats on her own.

You'd think with the recent legislation that forces more children into car seats that this would be an area that they would look at. Other manufacturers seem to have solved this with various flaps or plastic inserts (including all the ars I've had over the past 3 years).

It's a small thing , but very important to families - its hard enough getting your brood out and about what with nappies, wipes, snacks, changes of clothes etc etc and just seems a bit cheap for a car of this quality.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aghast that you contemplate putting a member of the sticky finger brigade any where near the beautifully stunning car like the XF, Is this not what they’d made Mondeo’s for!

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
XF Admin said:
Having 2 little bundles of joy under 3 means lots of swapping and changing of 2 car seats in the back of the XF.

Both the seats we use are Isofix seats (the ones that have the metal bars that clamp onto the supports in the car).
Well trying to access those metal bars is an absolute nightmare! I don't know if its just because the leather is new but the leather covering the bars must an inch to an inch and a half overlapping and it has almost no give in it whatsoever. That combined with the thick foam padding around the bars means it takes a lot of time and some considerable force to get the seat in. I'm pretty sure my wife will not be able to insert the isofix seats on her own.

You'd think with the recent legislation that forces more children into car seats that this would be an area that they would look at. Other manufacturers seem to have solved this with various flaps or plastic inserts (including all the ars I've had over the past 3 years).

It's a small thing , but very important to families - its hard enough getting your brood out and about what with nappies, wipes, snacks, changes of clothes etc etc and just seems a bit cheap for a car of this quality.
I am sorry that you have difficulty with the chairs for your children but alas most people reading your report will be, I suspect, like me not troubled themselves with such matters. On the bright side, you can bet the kids will soon want to be up front with Dad :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try non-Isofix seats.
AIUI they are just as safe, and a doddle to get in and out and swap around.
From a father of a five and a one year old. :)

Cheers,

Martin

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to get the Isofix base installed, but it was a nightmare and I had to give up. It doesn't help suggesting that the car is Isofix compatible, when it isn't. I just wasted a £100!

P

·
0 Posts
Hakin,

The seat will go in, but you have to do it one at a time and with a torch. Dreadful design, but it will work.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am sorry that you have difficulty with the chairs for your children but alas most people reading your report will be, I suspect, like me not troubled themselves with such matters. On the bright side, you can bet the kids will soon want to be up front with Dad :)
But Peter what about the Grandchildren ?? Nah Your right send them in the Picasso with Mum/Dad ...............

G

·
0 Posts
Peter. Cleared PM inbox. There were only four messages to clear.. Dont know how to check Email address in profile
Charlie,

Use 'Forum Actions' at the top of this page to select 'Edit profile'. You will find 'change email & password' on the lefthand side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts