XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big list of members awaiting their new XF here. I assume the list is roughly in order. Out of interest where are we up to with who has actually taken delivery?
I am still 2 weeks away although my car came off the production line last Wednesday

XFAndy
XF FX
penultimateblack, nee Vapourgrey (There's posh )
SN08 TOM
Gregan
JohnBB
DeKay
boothy
Tazjag
saint
HeyBert
Slickfingers
XF Long Wait
RPB1
tom
frosty
Payload
smcgrego
Shez
Keith Hall
FredtheAiredale
TimB
jagx2
DieterXF
BigAndy

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
I think the list below is accurate but unfortunately not all members update their Profile and so I have had to rely on information contained in posts.
Members having had their cars delivered have a red * at the end.

XFAndy*
XF FX *
penultimateblack, nee Vapourgrey (There's posh :!: ) *
SN08 TOM*
Gregan *
JohnBB*
DeKay*
boothy*
Tazjag*
saint*
HeyBert*
Slickfingers
XF Long Wait*
RPB1*
tom*
frosty *
Payload
smcgrego*
Shez
Keith Hall
FredtheAiredale
TimB
jagx2*
DieterXF
tictag
everbeur
BigAndy *

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi,

Sadly I still have what's seems like an eternity to wait! My delivery date to dealer remains 10th June 2009 - my beemer goes back to BMW on the 12th so I hope it all comes together? What's the earliest my dealer will know the build date for my car and how does he find out? Richard

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
RPB1 said:
Hi,

Sadly I still have what's seems like an eternity to wait! My delivery date to dealer remains 10th June 2009 - my beemer goes back on to BMW on the 12th so I hope it all comes together? What's the earliest my dealer will know the build date for my car and how does he find out? Richard
Richard,
It is a grueling period for you just now :(
Good news is that in the end you will just love the XF
As for build dates; if your order is in then it is trackable. Jaguar know the state of play on all orders from the moment it is in the system so I think you need only ask your dealer to find out :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Pekem,
I'm not in the list.
I'm waiting since 17/02/09, so I have to have earned my spot in the list. Nervewrecking, this waiting for a new car. I'll drive this one till it falls apart just to avoid the waiting again.
BR, Everbeur

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
everbeur said:
Hi Pekem,
I'm not in the list.
I'm waiting since 17/02/09, so I have to hav earned my spot in the list. Nervewrecking, this waiting for a new car. I'll drive this one till it falls apart just avoid the waiting again.
BR, Everbeur

You certainly did earn your spot everbeur and you will be pleased to see that you are on the lists now :)
You may not believe it now but you will look back on this period and wish, as I do, that you could relive it. I would love to be waiting for a new XF now :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not got mine yet. I'm hoping to get it this week as I know it's built. Next Monday would be quite nice - it would make a cool birthday present :cool:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
frosty said:
Not got mine yet. I'm hoping to get it this week as I know it's built. Next Monday would be quite nice - it would make a cool birthday present :cool:
Your *has been removed :!:
I was guided by your Profile; because it did not say "on order" or "waiting for" I assumed you were driving around in it. :)
Yes, it would make a great Birthday present, particularly if someone else paid for it :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up 3.0S Lux on Friday from LEEDS, Drove back to Gourock - Great drive.
Very much improved over 2.7 engine, no turbo lag.
Fuel consumption very poor, journey distance: 240mls/30mpg.
Hope mpg will improve, it did with the last jag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still waiting for mine......... :roll:

I was advised that my build was to commence on the 30th April, so should hopefully see something in the next 3 weeks or so.

The only fly in the ointment, if you can call it that, is that I then go to California for a couple of weeks so wont have much time to drive it. I might delay delivery if it looks like it will arrive close to leaving.

PS - Changed the exterior colour to Ultimate Black and Interior to Barley after seeing one in the flesh last month. Awesome :D

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
tom said:
Picked up 3.0S Lux on Friday from LEEDS, Drove back to Gourock - Great drive.
Very much improved over 2.7 engine, no turbo lag.
Fuel consumption very poor, journey distance: 240mls/30mpg.
Hope mpg will improve, it did with the last jag.
You now have a *tom :D
Bit early, as you say, to decide on consumption at the moment. Is you figure taken from the meter or have you calculated it on actual fuel purchased :?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi PEKEM,
Re: Fuel consumption, Have driven 312mls since comming home.
Filled tank again, found consumption better 35+ mpg, mostly A roads
and some motoway. Wonder if car was full when collected ?.
Back at work today, My daily journey to GLASGOW is 60 mls return,
90% motorway.

P.S. CAR IS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi guys (and gals),

Have been told I can expect my spanking new XF 'S' next week. Really excited as I have had a couple of test drives of the new S and its much better than the old model when run in (2,500 miles plus?) Any tips on running in? I got a good deal through "Drive the deal" who have ordered my car via Grange Exeter. Very easy process supported by Jaguar franchises. Reckon I got most of the £4000 of extras for free over list price. In case you want to know all the blah blah its ultimate black with Dove interior, chrome power vents and B&W sounds. :p

·
Registered
281 Posts
BigAndy said:
Hi guys (and gals),

Have been told I can expect my spanking new XF 'S' next week. Really excited as I have had a couple of test drives of the new S and its much better than the old model when run in (2,500 miles plus?) Any tips on running in? I got a good deal through "Drive the deal" who have ordered my car via Grange Exeter. Very easy process supported by Jaguar franchises. Reckon I got most of the £4000 of extras for free over list price. In case you want to know all the blah blah its ultimate black with Dove interior, chrome power vents and B&W sounds. :p
Congrats BidAndy, sounds like you got a great deal :D

A few sleepless nights til next Weds, I remember the wait only too well :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
BigAndy said:
Hi guys (and gals),

Hi BigAndy

Mines due into Grange next week, also got a nice chunk of money off via the same route.

Service has been very good to date and counting the days........

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, I will be snapping away :D

Mine will probably be the following week, given the dealer will be delivering it to me and its only due into them on Thursday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought my car via 'Drive the Deal' at Grange Exeter, picked it up 2 weeks ago. They said they would deliver but I wanted a 'controlled' handover at the dealers, just in case there were any problems. All went very well, took about 3 hours to complete. If you do pick up make sure that you ask them to pay your train fare and pick you up at the station, it's a lot cheaper for them to do than than deliver a car to you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That sounds a good tip plus the pleasure of a long shake down drive... I know my car has been delivered to Exeter so may save few days awaiting delivery :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts