XF Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to buy the most beautiful XF :D but I’m a bit lost here , which one is better the V6 Petrol Premium Luxury or the V8 Normal aspirated ?? they reviews clamed that the v6 is not that great , and i don't have the money for the SV and here is saudi arabia we don't have the 2.7D so help me here Guys :cry:

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
XF Man said:
I've decided to buy the most beautiful XF :D but I’m a bit lost here , which one is better the V6 Petrol Premium Luxury or the V8 Normal aspirated ?? they reviews clamed that the v6 is not that great , and i don't have the money for the SV and here is saudi arabia we don't have the 2.7D so help me here Guys :cry:
Problem is, most on this Forum went with the Diesel; because at one time we thought, in addition to other reasons, diesel was the lower price option :eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the thing is a gallon of petrol here in Saudi is a round 1 SAR and the exchange rate 1 pound to 7.5 SAR , so it is basically free
i still think that the V6 would turn up a very good car but the thing is i don't want to live with it wondering what the V8 feels like ,do remember the only V8 car i had was the 88 chevy Caprice :eek: which was my car in high school , then i went to the V6 Toyota avalon 97 model , it was OK till it died after that a 2007 V4 Mitsubishi Galant :shock: (in defense , no cash :cry: , no car :cry: , new job :geek: ), but now i can afford the Jag XF ;) , but i don't know which so Help

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Go for the V8 for sure. The 3.0 V6 is an old engine and short on torque. I had a previous model XKR and miss the wonderful V8 sound, but living in Rip-off-land and taxed to the hilt by Nulabour the most sensible option here is the 2.7D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vapourgrey said:
Go for the V8 for sure. The 3.0 V6 is an old engine and short on torque.
Yes, that what i keep hearing from all the one who reviewed the V6 FX , so hopefully I'll order the V8 , just waiting till the cash to be in hand. so few few weeks are between me and my car of dream , but what color , i think a midnight black with chrome gills what you think, because i know it would look so coooooooool in black but i noticed from the pictures that the curves ,for example on the bonnet is harder to notice when you see the car pass by you on the road , in the other hand the car look much younger and sportier in silver or the gray family of colors

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the V6 and must say that I love it. It replaced a 2004 S Type, V6 (I also have a 2003 XKR with the turbo charged V8, which I use when I want to have fun).
If you want the V8, go Turbocharged. Otherwise, the V6 is really fine; after 6,000 kms I have found it to have more punch that the same engine S Type, the gear box feels much better and the brakes are superb. I drive a lot on highways and must say that, yes I have more fun with the V8 Turbo when I leave the tool both, but what with speed limits and the price of gas, the SF V6 is more comfy... :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK...OK , i think this may settile this once and forall to me at least. how much it cost to do the regular dealership maintenance and at what periods, i know for example my So shameful Galant require a visit to the dealership maintenance every 5000Km what about the Jag V8 and the V6 in terms of period and cost? , and the reason i wont go SV8 is because i live so close from work it is only 15 minutes on the highway and i'm in small city so i don't have the road for the SV8. :evil:

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
XF Man said:
OK...OK , i think this may settile this once and forall to me at least. how much it cost to do the regular dealership maintenance and at what periods, i know for example my So shameful Galant require a visit to the dealership maintenance every 5000Km what about the Jag V8 and the V6 in terms of period and cost? , and the reason i wont go SV8 is because i live so close from work it is only 15 minutes on the highway and i'm in small city so i don't have the road for the SV8. :evil:
:lol: What about a Camel or don't they have them in Saudi :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XF Man said:
Vapourgrey said:
Go for the V8 for sure. The 3.0 V6 is an old engine and short on torque.
Yes, that what i keep hearing from all the one who reviewed the V6 FX , so hopefully I'll order the V8 , just waiting till the cash to be in hand. so few few weeks are between me and my car of dream , but what color , i think a midnight black with chrome gills what you think, because i know it would look so coooooooool in black but i noticed from the pictures that the curves ,for example on the bonnet is harder to notice when you see the car pass by you on the road , in the other hand the car look much younger and sportier in silver or the gray family of colors
Lighter colours are better at reflecting heat in the Saudi climate. Dark colours also show up all the sand and dust. When I lived in Bahrain black cars were as rare as rocking horse sh*t !

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would also recommend the 4.2. It is a 1.9 tons car, always measured heavier than mentioned in the brochure. The 3.0 will be just "enough", not really fun ;)

Edit:my car weighs 1.820 KG. Has been mesured today at a landfill ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm Out

Sadly gents i have to say i wont be buying the XF :eek: this years maybe by Q1 2009 :!: , yes guys you all were right i should have bought the car before i get engaged :cry: , i'll wait untill the say i'll be able to buy my XF , but i'll do it :cool:

XFman

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Re: I'm Out

XF Man said:
Sadly gents i have to say i wont be buying the XF :eek: this years maybe by Q1 2009 :!: , yes guys you all were right i should have bought the car before i get engaged :cry: , i'll wait untill the say i'll be able to buy my XF , but i'll do it :cool:

XFman
This is a truly sad day XF Man, or should that be "wannabe XF Man :)
Your English is very good and we can all understand you but their is one little thing I would like you to make clear. You say "i'll wait untill the say i'll be able to buy my XF" I am just wondering if you meant to write " I will wait until she says I will be able to buy my XF" :?: :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: I'm Out

pekem said:
XF Man said:

XFman
This is a truly sad day XF Man, or should that be "wannabe XF Man :)
Your English is very good and we can all understand you but their is one little thing I would like you to make clear. You say "i'll wait untill the say i'll be able to buy my XF" I am just wondering if you meant to write " I will wait until she says I will be able to buy my XF" :?: :D

sorry about that , it shoiuld have been spelled Day , and "wannabe XF Man" :eek: , that is a low blow pekem, it is just the wedding costs came a bit over my calculation , to be exact it is 17K so , the wedding in October and getting back from the honey moon and i'll but the order on Dec so it is not that bad , i just have to wait.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Brilliant XFMan
Everything is good again and I hope you have a great wedding and wish you great happiness for the future, including the delivery of your XF as soon as finances allow. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
..... why not marry the XF - you'd have the best of both worlds then!

Wait a minute, though............... :lol:

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Steamdreamer said:

Dohh!!........................THe XF can't cook :eek:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
Steamdreamer said:

It can't nag either!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Vapourgrey said:
pekem said:
Steamdreamer said:

It can't nag either!
thats true. and the XF need only one room :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts