XF Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XF has the 19" Auriga wheels. These fill the wheel arches very nicely and look 'substantial'. To be honest I didn't have a choice as the car I bought was one that was going to be a demonstrator, but was still unregistered. I quite like the wheels and my only concern is the affect on ride quality. I'm not a huge fan of big alloy wheels as they tend to sacrifice ride quality but I think it should be okay with the 19" wheels.

So, what wheels have people gone for?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the 18" Venus, I understand on the "what car" review vid they drove with 19" and the ride was a little hard they said?!? not sure, I wanted 19" but didnt actually like the 19" wheels.. would sell my mom for a set of the 20" mind...

·
Registered
618 Posts
It doesnt ride hard on the 19s (especially when compared to a BMW M-sport or Audi S-line) but it is a little less cosseting that Jaguars of old. The 20 inchers on the SV8 grim. I would have liked a set of the proposed Selena 20 inchers which were much more stylish but they were dropped because 20 inchers on standard suspension was terrible apparently. The 19s look the right size for the car. The 17s on the luxury must look tiny. As for the 18s I find the standard prem lux ones a bit dull but the optional 18s on the luxury look better.

Does anyone know if the XJ wheels will fit the XF? on the XJ they do a 19in set called Polaris which I prefer to both the 19s on the XF so if they do I might get a set and sell my Carellias

·
Administrator
432 Posts
I've gone for 19in Carelia's too.

For me they just look a bit more modern and in keeping with car than the Auriga's. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have gone with the 19in Carelia as well
Would have liked the 20in Volans but only can have on the 8 pots due to the flaired wheel arches?
:cry:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Jon said:
I have gone with the 19in Carelia as well
Would have liked the 20in Volans but only can have on the 8 pots due to the flaired wheel arches?
:cry:
Its nowt to do with the wheel arches its the suspension setup. The 20s are only available on the CATS suspension as they produce a much too hard ride on standard springs. There was going to be a 20in wheel available as an option on the stanard spring cars called Selena. They looked cool but destroyed the ride.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Roma said:
My XF has the 19" Auriga wheels. These fill the wheel arches very nicely and look 'substantial'. To be honest I didn't have a choice as the car I bought was one that was going to be a demonstrator, but was still unregistered. I quite like the wheels and my only concern is the affect on ride quality. I'm not a huge fan of big alloy wheels as they tend to sacrifice ride quality but I think it should be okay with the 19" wheels.

So, what wheels have people gone for?
Standard PL spec 18" Cygnus with 245/45 R18 Dunlops. Great ride, look good, easy to clean!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Standard 17" - lovely!

I think I may be alone on this, but I really cant get excited about upgrading wheels, especially with the additional cost.

I did however throw some cash at the ICE :D

Each to their own I say.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Greybloke said:
think I may be alone on this, but I really cant get excited about upgrading wheels, especially with the additional cost.
Same here! Bog standard for me!

Only option extra was the iPod interface.

I learned my lesson the last time when I ordered an Audi with the base wheels, while most people went for lower profile, and then they complained about the ride being too harsh.

I've got an MX-5 if I want to drive hard round country roads on low profile spine jarrers - my XF will be for motorway cruising - so I'm sure I made the best choice (for me!).

Cheers
Kenny

·
Registered
120 Posts
kennyh said:
Only option extra was the iPod interface.

Cheers
Kenny
I don't quite understand the extra iPod interface option. I thought this was already built in but I see it as an option.
I assume the standard iPod interface is just puts the sound through the radio and the add-on lets you see the track/album info and control it through the touch screen ?

·
Administrator
432 Posts
Yes - you'd have to use the Aux socket for the ipod without the option - you can use any source with this then but you have no control through the touchscreen, radio and steering wheel.

If you have an ipod It's a must have option IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts