XF Forum banner

Which brand of car did you give up for your XF?

1 - 20 of 453 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard recently that Jaguar is having great success capturing XF sales at the expense of competitor brands.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that many owners of BMW have found their way in to a Jaguar showroom and driven out in an XF.
Did you trade in or sell a competitor car in favour of an XF :?:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Traded in my 2nd X-Type. I've never stayed loyal to one manufacturer for so long. Mind you, I think that's down to the dealership...

·
Registered
121 Posts
DITTO above I replaced my 3 year old BMW X5 Le Mans Special a great car would have again but currently I'm loving my XF which is very different, fast and absolutely gorgeous so no regrets so far! Richard :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
handing back my 56 saab 93 1.9TDi Sport (with Hirsch Chip). 6 years with saab, 2 cars, no real complaints, just time for something new and a step up...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Traded up from a XJ diesel, which I thought at the time was the perfect Jag, until I got the XF.

Sold the XJ to a business partner who loves it, but then again he hasn't got an XF yet!!

It's the fourth jag on the trot. S Type 2.7 Diesel Sport - loved every mile in that car, XType 2.2 Diesel Sport Premium Estate - nice car but just not quite good enough, XJ 2.7 Diesel Sport Premium - as said before wow loved it. They were all black and the salesman (same one for all my jags) had a lot of convincing to do to make me change, but I do love the colour of mine now.

Was always a merc man, I do about 50-60k miles a year so trade in every year, was attracted to jag with the S Type diesel, beautiful engine and a great warranty, not that in four years and over 200,000 miles in the cars, without a problem.

Big decision next year, do I keep the car??? Do I trade up to a 3.0 Diesel??? decisions decisions.. he he

·
Registered
294 Posts
5 Saabs, all big ones and most recently a 95 Aero. Shame Saab haven't moved on for years, but even if they do there seems zero chance (if they survive at all) of producing anything good enough to tempt me to stray from Felicity.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cheating really but I will be trading in my 2nd X-Type. Before those it was an E46 BMW 320d. My wife dragged me into the Jaguar dealer as the 128hp Ford diesel didn't sound attractive compared to the 136hp BMW. But the linear power delivery (compared to the peaky BMW) and the smooth and refined driving experience convinced me I needed a change.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Traded up from a Vauxhall Omega, great car but the XF is in another league ;)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I traded in a Jaguar S Type V6 Petrol, finished in Zircon for my 2.7XF. Both of these cars I loved so much that I have done it again; but this time I am having the XF3.00 Portfolio :)
More: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1303

·
Registered
11 Posts
I traded in a S Type 2.7D Sport. A lovely car which I was very happy with until I was persuaded to test drive an XF. After that there was no looking back.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the early results of this poll is indicative of the wider ownership of the XF it would appear that Jaguar have broken free from the past and are set to succeed in the future :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
ML 320 CDi Sport...Obsidian Black

Dog (GSD) getting on now (> 13) so requirement for 'extra' space not critical...excellent vehicle though...the wife still misses it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two X-Types prior to the XF, but there is no comparison. Same Jaguar name but the XF is far superior in every way to the X's. And I don't get any more comments like 'just a posh Mondeo'.

1 - 20 of 453 Posts