XF Forum banner

Which is your favourite style

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a few designs presented by members for our XFforum identity sticker and in order to guide past and future contributors, it might be worth discovering reaction to those submitted so far.
Choices have to be made so which design is in the top three :?:
Presently we have had these submitted. :)

More here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=882

·
Registered
294 Posts
Perhaps the silent majority (we can't vote in this poll for 'a plague on the lot of them') is trying to say something, pekem?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steamdreamer said:
Perhaps the silent majority (we can't vote in this poll for 'a plague on the lot of them') is trying to say something, pekem?
Well lets have your design, or a least reason why you would not want any one of them :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have no design skills pekem, and in any case find a couple of the proposals OK.

Two things for me:

I find the whole thing worryingly anorak-y, which doesn't appeal to me much - others of course wholly at liberty to have vigorously different views on that.

I also really don't see any point in it. Our lovely XFx are always going to be relatively minority cars, so who are we aiming the stickers at? Almost any sticker will have to be far too small to be readable in moving traffic, so will not be an effective advert and/or will be dangerous; and most people who cluster round the gorgeous things in car parks etc aren't - and aren't likely to be - XF drivers in any case.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
When we are out and about and see another XF, we like to show our enthusiasm for a fellow driver of impecable taste ;) It seems that not all XF owners are of the same mind. It would be nice to have a way of identifying eachother, It could even lead to inpromtu meets, I know I for one would love to bump into another forum member whilst out and about.

As for the safety issue, I never heard of anyone from the MR2 drivers club crashing to wave at other members! If the sticker is of a distinct shape and is agreed to be placed in the same position on everyones car, then there would be no need to be close enough to read it.

Surely with regards to advertising the forum, it would be an excellent tool to bring new members in. Don't you have a sneaky peak at other XF's whilst you're out and about, in a car park or motorway services etc?

At the end of the day, it's optional. If you don't want to be "anorak-y" that's your call! I for one have my thermos and notepad at the ready :geek: :lol:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steamdreamer said:
I have no design skills pekem, and in any case find a couple of the proposals OK.

Two things for me:

I find the whole thing worryingly anorak-y, which doesn't appeal to me much - others of course wholly at liberty to have vigorously different views on that.

I also really don't see any point in it. Our lovely XFx are always going to be relatively minority cars, so who are we aiming the stickers at? Almost any sticker will have to be far too small to be readable in moving traffic, so will not be an effective advert and/or will be dangerous; and most people who cluster round the gorgeous things in car parks etc aren't - and aren't likely to be - XF drivers in any case.

I thought that zx10ben set out good reasons for it in his first post elsewhere. :)
http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=882

You wrote Steamdreamer:
"Almost any sticker will have to be far too small to be readable in moving traffic, so will not be an effective advert and/or will be dangerous"

I am inclined to agree with that and it is for that reason that I wrote:
"Watching cars go by today it was almost impossible to visually scan their windscreens for anything longer that a few milliseconds.
I then saw a car with the familiar "Christian" fish symbol on the back window and was able to study it in detail for well over a mile."

Forums / Fora? need members and I am quite sure that, as zx10ben says, XF drivers will pay very close attention to other XF's seen in places like car parks and so on and if a few new members are discovered as a result of placing a tastefully discreet sticker on the car I for one would cheer :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
pekem said:
Anymore ideas out there :?:
Here is another you might consider:
here an idea , why don't you use the leaper head instead of the body ,like the in the stearing wheel , it would read jaguar from the top and the website from the bottom

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree it should have the web address on the sticker, but to save space and clean things up a little by using less text, why not remove the www :?:

Don't think it's necessary as everyone will realise what xfforum.co.uk means anyway.

I'm afraid coming up with a new sticker is way beyond my creative or technical ability, but just wanted to add my two pennyworth ;)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XF Man said:
pekem said:
Anymore ideas out there :?:
Here is another you might consider:
here an idea , why don't you use the leaper head instead of the body ,like the in the stearing wheel , it would read jaguar from the top and the website from the bottom
I have tried your idea and I quite like it :)
XFAndy said:
I agree it should have the web address on the sticker, but to save space and clean things up a little by using less text, why not remove the www :?:

Don't think it's necessary as everyone will realise what xfforum.co.uk means anyway.
I'm afraid coming up with a new sticker is way beyond my creative or technical ability, but just wanted to add my two pennyworth ;)
Thanks for your two pennyworth Andy; I have tried that as well. I agree with your comment but I would like to see other views, and designs. :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have just spent some time trying to find the best place to attach a 3" X 3" National Trust parking patch. The windscreen and rear window have a lot of curved edges, so in the end the patch was placed in the bottom corner of the rear screen, hidden from the driver's rearview line of sight by the offside rear headrest. If a Forum sticker is produced I suggest it is kept as small as possible.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
penultimateblack said:
I have just spent some time trying to find the best place to attach a 3" X 3" National Trust parking patch. The windscreen and rear window have a lot of curved edges, so in the end the patch was placed in the bottom corner of the rear screen, hidden from the driver's rearview line of sight by the offside rear headrest. If a Forum sticker is produced I suggest it is kept as small as possible.
I simply placed mine on the front and forgot about it.
However, I agree it would need to be discreet and for that reason I favour one for the rear window; I don't believe one on the front would ever be seen :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
penultimateblack said:
However, I agree it would need to be discreet and for that reason I favour one for the rear window; I don't believe one on the front would ever be seen :)
Join a few more clubs and your wife will need a periscope to see where she is going. :D :D :D :D

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
penultimateblack said:
pekem said:
penultimateblack said:
Join a few more clubs and your wife will need a periscope to see where she is going. :D :D :D :D

Can't go off topic but I will say that the women of Britain will be after you with comments like that :evil:
Who is to say that I am not the one that might need the periscope :lol:

Now,back to business, do we have any other designs that we can look at from anyone else :?:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have another one to show.. I used the same image as pekem for the cat's head.

I prefer this to my other one that's listed in the poll. :lol: :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Evening :D

Have been playing around on the computer for last ten mins and have come up with the following badge....I have also tried putting the "XFFORUM.CO.UK" around in the silver as they have the Jaguar word but think this looks better...views/feedback would be great.. ;)

Jackaroo

J

·
0 Posts
jbapu said:
How about this one?

Now that i like (as i do a few of the others) can i have that logo in ultimate black? :cool:

I personally would like the leaper or at least the growler on a sticker.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts