XF Forum banner

My XF is not hiding in the day; it is.........................

• Out and about, I am just enjoying it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is at home.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly on my travels around the country, always with an eye for another XF, I have noticed that, in the main, on a normal weekday the XF's I see are driven by “Silver Tops” :!:
Now it is known that Jaguar is marketing to a younger age group than those that grew up at a time when the E Type, MK2 and MK10 was a new model and it appears that the Success of this policy is confirmed in our own Poll which identifies the age group of member owners, link below. :)
My theory is that the majority of owners today are not out on the road on weekdays in business hours, rather they are stuck in offices, business premises or other work places and that their cars are in the surrounding car parks.
Some will be at station car parks and others will be left at home, which may get used by a partner for a school run and shopping etc. Others may just be parked up for the entire week only coming out at the weekend :(
So the question is, where is your car throughout the day mainly :?:

If you have not recorded in the XF:Has It Brought Jaguar to a Younger Audience? Poll, please do at: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=862

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine is definately out and about on workdays, hence I've covered 2,600 miles in the first 5 weeks, and loved every mile I've driven :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
My one goes to work on sunny days....and I even make sure I go for a pose at lunchtimes. :cool:

On the rainy days I car share with the wife - leaving my XF all tucked up cosy in bed!

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
boothy said:
My one goes to work on sunny days....and I even make sure I go for a pose at lunchtimes. :cool:
On the rainy days I car share with the wife - leaving my XF all tucked up cosy in bed!

Aberdeenshire :!:
Has it changed up there, or will it be that most days you car share with the wife :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I work in west London; but live in north east of London and to cut across the city every day even in an XF is a daunting procedure; hence it is a week-end only XF...and the wife is happy with her new fiesta!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hopefully by this Friday I should be able to take part in this poll, as that is (fingers crossed) delivery day!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I do often drive to a office in mine (an park it where I can see it from the window), more often I work from home (and park it outside where I can see it). Quite often I need to travel and so it would then be left at Heathrow airport.

I used to leave my old car with one of the well know purple meet and greet services. Now I don't. This causes me problems, it take so long to park the XF I have to get there early. I have to drive around the business car park to find a space where my baby will be safe. Not to close to trolley parks, nowhere close to where someone may bump into it. In a space large enough to allow even the most absent minded fool enough space to miss and close enough to surveillance cameras or attendant offices so that if the worst happens there is a chance someone will see it happen.

I do find when working from home I keep having to 'pop out' for that vital item I need right now. Any excuse, I'll use it ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Strangely the only time mine doesn't get used is at weekends when we use the family Touareg.

Mine gets used a lot during the week and very rarely for short journeys although there are usually a couple of days when it sits in the station car park while I go up to London. It's always nice to get back into it at the end of the day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts