XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the range of wheels offered on the XF to be not great most look like like wheel trims particulary the Auriga, I decided to stick with the standard Cygnus. The dealer had some nice 20" wheels (not shown in the brochure) that they would fit to the XF but the cheapest was £2600. is there anyone else not enamoured by the current crop of wheels offered? Strange but if the cheapest wheels the Libra had been offered in bigger sizes I might have gone for that, reminds me of the BMW Alpina style.

gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also wanted 20" and ordered the Selena option only to be advised that there is an engineering problem fitting 20" wheels to the standard XF. Opted for 19" Carelia and took delivery this week. 19" wheels are more than adequate and the Carelia look good.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I managed to get my Auriga wheels swapped for Carelia wheels at the last minute! The dealer did it for free as my car was already at the dealership and someone else wanted Aurigas. The dealer asked me if I wanted his Carelias and I agreed.

They are an absolute biatch to clean though! I spent a full hour cleaning them. It's simply due to the number of spokes and I clean the inside surface as well. The Aurigas would have been far worse to clean. I've got a huge assortment of wheel cleaning brushes but it was still a slow, laborious process.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Roma said:
They are an absolute biatch to clean though! I spent a full hour cleaning them. It's simply due to the number of spokes and I clean the inside surface as well. The Aurigas would have been far worse to clean. I've got a huge assortment of wheel cleaning brushes but it was still a slow, laborious process.
One the reasons I opted for Cygnus.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The thing is with options is that the more you offer then the more a car costs to build per unit as you have to allow for every production possibility. Jaguar in the past have been very much run by the manufacturing arm saying what cannot be done but this is starting to change. Shame it hasnt changed fast enough for the CF. I for one would have liked some additional interior colours and woods. With the wheels though, any wheel of the current XJ and that fit the front on the XK would fit the XF. I like the Polaris wheels on the XJ but didnt quite get round to seeing if the dealer would swap them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree craig, some of the things I woiuld like to see in the range is, apart from more wheel choices, black upper dash wth either ivory or champagne and a black wood finish like the black maple on mercs, I do not thing that should cause Jaguar problems. I wonder why there are no front fog lights, I know what they say about cornering lights etc but that can not be true, I am worried by the fog in front of me not around the corner. Sorry for going a bit of topic but its all about choice on options.

gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts