XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 2.7D Lux....
Happy with the car; less happy with my local dealer that looks like it's going down the tubes having merged with a Chrysler dealership. Had 1-year service about 2 weeks ago. Poor service, supercilious staff, significant overcharging (£450 for a routine first service).

I am waiting patiently for the usual follow-up questionaire from Jaguar (they always arrived promptly when I had my previous S-Types serviced) but nothing in the post so far. This is an important issue- if you loose confidence in your local dealership it significantly influences your decisions when replacing a car......Wake up Jaguar!!!

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Its fine to have a rant from time to time but to conflate the service you receive from your dealer and the service provided by Jaguar is wrong.
Your heading should be " What is wrong with my dealer's after service dept"
Have you in fact been in touch with Jaguar Customer Relations at [email protected] to express your dissatisfaction :?:
I am perfectly sure that if you raise the matter of your concern with Jaguar you will find that the matter will receive their prompt attention.
However, my own view is that you should firstly contact your dealer's Dealer Principal and provide an opportunity for the dealer to respond.

After all, two weeks ago you were telling us how the dealer had replaced your brake pads under warranty and so a bill now for £450 for a "routine first service", which incidentally on my own car cost £280, needs to be explained, and only the dealer can do that.
XF-UXB said:
My 2.7 XF went in for its first service last week. One year old and 9,500 miles including 2 long trips to the Continent.

I've had the same problem with rear disc pad wear ~70%. Dealer replaced them under warranty with minimum fuss, although I suspect they did this as I had complained earlier about their overall standard of customer service, so I already had them 'on notice'.

The XF is a great car overall but fuel consumption disappoints at around 27 mpg. Slightly miffed at Jaguar that their new, appropriate 3-litre engine for hauling around nearly 2 tons of steel body was introduced 12 months late.

Intermittant Warning light declaring 'DSC Unavailable'-then switching to limp home mode. Dealer found a kink in the exhaust hose which they claimed should cure the problem- we shall see!

S

·
0 Posts
Just had my 1st service and pedal kit fitted came to £376 which i thought was reasonable. I asked for the satnav to be upgraded and i dont think it has as the main screen dosent look like the pictures on this site, will have to phone dealer again.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
stevejay said:
Just had my 1st service and pedal kit fitted came to £376 which i thought was reasonable. I asked for the satnav to be upgraded and i dont think it has as the main screen dosent look like the pictures on this site, will have to phone dealer again.
Your service charge figure at £376 seems very good bearing in mind the supply and fitting of the pedal kit.
As for the the Sat Nav, that is a pity. I would suggest that you contact the dealer and ask them if they are aware of the vOB93 Sat Nav update disc. It is possible, although I would say very unfair, that your dealer will want to move on to the chargeable upgrade disc which is resident in the latest 3.00 series cars. If you do not get a satisfactory response it might well be worth sending a Private Mail to penultimateblack who has a lot of detail relating to this matter ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've just been quoted £277 from my local Jag Dealer, wonder what the actual price will be when i put it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts