XF Forum banner

What were you driving before the XF?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of interest what was everyone driving before they got an XF?

I had a bmw 325 convertible - the new model with the folding metal roof - lovely car but with 2 small children the back seats became annoying having to stoop in all the time.

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: What were you drving before the XF?

This will probably work better as a poll! vote away

·
Registered
11 Posts

Audi A4 for me.

Its about 4 years old now so can't wait to get my hands on the XF. I was so close to getting a 5 series last year - glad I held off now.

Only a few more weeks to go...

·
Registered
12 Posts

BMW M5 Touring

Fed up with the 200 mile range!

Looking forward to the 2.7D premium lux with all the toys

Due in July 2008!

Can't wait

·
Registered
374 Posts

I'm part-exchanging my Porsche Cayman S for the XF. I needed a bigger car and toyed with the idea of a used Lexus RX400h and a used Merc CLS, but settled on a new XF.

·
Registered
618 Posts

Im not driving anything at the moment. My company currently has a cheauffering deal to get us all around central london and to and from work so I spend my commutes normally in the back of a Lexus LS460. For the rest of the time I have a Triumph Speed Tripple.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I have an alfa romeo GTV v6, love the car, drives fast and hard but costs toomuch to keep on the road!

·
Registered
26 Posts

I'll switch from my Range Rover Sport TDV8 for the XF in 7 weeks. Fancied coming down to earth and also more MPG than 26.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Current car going into retirement ( I could never part with her) Honda NSX

Also, MG RV8 (Will soon be on the market)

Honda CB1300 for sunny dry days (I've served my time commuting 150 miles a day on 2 wheels all year round)

Looking forward to delivery of my XF in June :D

·
Registered
35 Posts

Audi A6 2.0TDI SE for me.

It goes back on May 8th; and a nice new shiny XF arrives the same day :D

(Oh, and I've also got an MX-5 (mk3) and Ford Explorer 4x4).

·
Registered
120 Posts

scottie99 said:
Mercedes E 270 Avantegarde
Hi Scottie,

I currently own a C270 CDI. Have you bought the 2.7 diesel then ?

If so what's the performance of the XF like compared to the E270 ? I haven't driven the XF yet.

Gary

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hi Culpano

I am still waiting on delivery of my new XF. I anticipate I will get delivery first week in May.
I have only driven the XF on a test drive but I was quite impressed. It :lol: probably was only slightly faster, but the holding made it seem much quicker!
I have to say, i have reallly enjoyed the E Class, in fact I have had it since new 5 years ago. That is much longer than I usually keep a car but up till now I could not find a car that had that 'certain image' (without spending silly money)
The arrival of the XF answered my dilema. I am 55 and have owned 2 Mercs and 4 BMW's but I am anticipating the arrival of my Jag as eagerly as my MGB GT that I bought when i was 21!

·
Registered
30 Posts

Sorry , I didnt answer your question- yes I have ordered the 2.7 diesel luxury on vapour grey/champagne with parking option (to get front sensors) winter comfort pack (for heated seats) and mats (£35675)

I felt the Jag dealer was ripping me off on trade-in value, but, a friend wants to buy the Merc

·
Registered
120 Posts

Cheers for the info. I assume the engine sound of the Jag 2.7 is much quieter and more refined. Enjoy your new motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts

XK8 Coupe in Antigua Blue launch colour.
Wife wanted a new XK.
At least she gets the running gear and XKR engine plus more cargo space for her shopping runs in the SV8.

·
Registered
306 Posts

I have 2 SLKs a 230K I bought 10 years ago still love it and a 350 which is being part xed for the XF 2.7 prem lux silver/black. wife kept on about no room to take the grandson out so ordered the XF due earl jun.

gary

1 - 20 of 77 Posts