XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Currently have a Silver 2.7 Prem Lux, it's 12 months old and want to change it for bigger engine. I'm ordering this week and would like advice on colour, engine and model.
:idea:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum, viking512 :lol:
You will probably know which colour you want and as for the engine; how deep is your pocket :lol:
Gives us all a few clues as to what you are thinking presently about the various options :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome :)
Colour boils down to your personal preferance. Engines, as Pekem says, is down to your budget, I presume you want a 3.0 D, if you can afford an S you want the extra performance then go for it, I'm sure the S owners will tell you how good it is and how big the improvement over the 2.7 D is. If you can't stretch to the S, the standard is the same engine, with different mapping. :) I don't think you can go wrong with the XF, whatever you choose. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm torn between the vapour grey and Luna Grey. Although i do really like my XF i was contemplating returning back to the Range Rover Sport. I've got a dealer looking to get a decent price for mine, that will determind what i get next. I think i'll end up opting for the 3.0D xf as the RRS prices have shot up since they launched the facelift model. My main concern about the XF however is that it's been in the garage three times in the 9 months i've had it. (pass door handle, Sat Nav DVD player, Petrol Cap). Hopefully these teething problems will have been sorted when i get a new one.

Regards

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I think the Spectrum Blue looks rather tasty ;)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
garyxf said:
Stick to silver you know it makes sense.

gary
Go with the Blue, Silver is very common :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lunar grey is the only way to go :D :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gent,

All sorted, i ordered my new XF this morning. I got a great deal as it was a cancelled order. I went for the 3.0s Prem Lux. It's Ultimate Black which wouldn't have been my first choice, but hey. It's Charcoal interior with rich oak. It has the parking pack and the ipod connection. Can't wait to experience the difference between that and my 2.7.
Thanks for the advice everyone, it helped but in the end my hand was slightly forced due to the deal on offer

Regards,

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
AAARRRH NOT UB AGAIN!!!!!!!
Yee gods blacks not even a colour!
long live Lunar Grey ( caus clearly grey is colour!) :oops: :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zx10ben said:
AAARRRH NOT UB AGAIN!!!!!!!
Yee gods blacks not even a colour!
long live Lunar Grey ( caus clearly grey is colour!) :oops: :D

Grey is a colour? :? :? :?

Then Black is a statement :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As everyone knows Black is pretty much the best looking colour for most cars including the XF, providing it is cleaned often. There is nothing better than a pristine Black car parked on the drive after spending four hours slaving over it.
Sorry to all the grey (luna, vapour and pearl) XF owners out there, i didn't even know there were three shades of grey. After selling the liquid silver, black is a natural choice.

Regards,

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am not all that fond of cleaning my car. I simply don't have 4 hours to spare every weekend and even if I had it wouldn't be enough. Twice a week would probably do it but that is simply out of the question.
I don't enjoy it. I don't find it fulfilling or contemplative and I refuse to chalk it up as "me-time".

So I chose a colour (and if grey is not a colour: a hue, then) that will look almost as good next Friday as it did last Monday. Effortless, like the drive ;)

And I also really, really like it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Am i right in thinking there may be plans for a smaller sports car fitted with the 3.0 S engine in the next couple of years ???????.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That would be the Jaguar XE, not sure what engine but designed to take on the Porsche Boxster

1 - 16 of 16 Posts