XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am collecting (hopefully) my 2.7d vapour grey XF on Friday. Am very much looking forward to this! Am also looking forward to becoming a regular forum member.

Am a little concerned, however, by the number of issues pople have found with their cars.

Could anyone suggest what (as a person with no XF experience), what I might look for before accepting the car?

Also, am interested in protecting the leather as much as possible. Is the best thing to do to do it yourself with the various creams available on the internet, or is there somewhere I can take it (I live in the Bristol area) where they would do a better job?

I loo forward to any direction!

T.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum T :)
Friday is going to be a great day and all you should look for is a beautiful XF, the documentation, a set of keys and, if there is any sense of commerciality in the sales department, a big thank you accompanied by an appropriate gift ;)
After that, a fine day would be good, some music in the system and an anticipation of a great experience :)

P.S.
Search for the thoughts of Roma on the subject of leather cleaning

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Check the front of the bonnet is aligned accurately and the brightwork trim above the front and rear doors have a gap of at least 1/4". Mine were rubbing against each other and had to be replaced. I recommend Gliptone Liquid Leather Conditioner. Treat the leather as soon as possible after a quick clean with the spray on {Jaguar} cleaner/conditioner supplied with the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts