XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer have agreed in principle to take "Hal" (the name I have given my possessed XF) off me and replace with another.

Having had Hal for 5 hours in total before taking back to the garage, and now on my second courtesy car in two weeks(no issues they just wanted demo 1 back before I put too many miles on it) I am sure I will miss the bum warmers, ipod connectivity and heated front window.

They have in principle agreed to replace mine ( a luxury)- how would you go about trying to upgrade- obv i don't want to pay much due to lack of confidence, hassle factor, general disappointment etc

by the way- demo 2 has all the toys and i would be loathed to give back for a base model.

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Are you able to reverse the original transaction? If you are you might be able to a deal elsewhere at a substantial discount giving you some leverage with the dealer you are with at present.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't know

this is a financed car with a px so i would imagine it would be an up hill struggle with added hassle of a personal plate. (Why isn't life easy)

sg

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
I understand your position but I would still want to know where I stood in law.
My action in a similar situation would be to telephone 08454 040506 Consumer Direct and describe the position and the circumstances surrounding the whole business.
It may be that a similaw law applies to a lease agreement as some other credit contracts in that until you sign for a car registered to you and the VIN number of a specific car is detailed on an agreement, no agreement could be said to exist. Accordingly, I would want to know from Consumer Direct exactly what the position is in relation to the sale generally and the finance agreement in particular.
It would then depend on the advice received as to whether or not a request be made to the dealer that would put me in the same position as if the transaction had never taken place.
Of course, it doesn't mean that you have to reverse everything, if the law supports you, it simply puts you in a powerful position with your present dealer to strike a new deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts