XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of washer do you use.
I have a petrol one at the mo but I am fed up with the noise of it. Thinking about the,
Kärcher K7 Premium Full Control for about 450 quid
Kranzel k 2160 tst though its about double the price

would need to buy the snow foamer seperately then.
opinions please.....

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't use a pressure washer. Careful handwash using a very clean and continually rinsed sponge.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I use a Kärcher. If you look at the recommendations from Kärcher, they want you to buy the large and expensive versions of their pressure washers. My first one I think was a K3. I forgot it in the garage during a very cold winter, and then water came out from just about anywhere, when I connected it. Since I had all the equipment, I just bought the cheapest Kärcher K2, I could find. It was small and light and easy to carry around the car. The power was sufficient, but not more than that. It was not impressive with a rotating patio cleaner, if you want to use one of those too. After a few years, it started to leak. My parents didn't use their Kärcher K3 anymore, so they gave it to me. I must say, it is just perfect for the car. It generates just this little more pressure that makes you feel in control. The pressure hose is longer, so you don't have to carry it all the way around the car. All in all I'm very pleased with my Kärcher K3. I think it's perfect for washing cars and doing a little cleaning around the house. I haven't tried the larger and more expensive models, but my guess is, you don't need them. I don't know, if they can do different things. Some have pressure indicators. Some have an LED display showing the pressure, which can be adjusted. K4 comes in a silent version, which is of course always nice in a neighborhood. Go have a look at them. I'm sure the expensive ones are more fancy and "luxurious" just like cars. Only you can decide, how much you want to pay for more comfort or luxury. I'm very happy to recommend the Kärcher K3.

I can only recommend getting a good foam lance. One with a bronze tube and metal valve and parts and not some plastic stuff. I haven't used the original Kärcher, but it looks very plastic like to me. I think there is a good Italian brand, which is sold under a lot of names. And as an old Apple fan, I use Dodo Juice "Apple iFoam" in the foam lance. It has a great smell - of apples.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Nilfisk ???
Nilfisk is a Danish company founded in 1906. They made electric appliances, but their breakthrough was the vacuum cleaner, they launched in 1910. They used to be the most popular vacuum cleaners in Denmark, but since the eighties a lot of competing brands have taken a larger market share. Nilfisk also made motorbikes under the name Nimbus. They were produced from 1919 to 1960. They were extremely popular and used by the police, the postal service, the military and a lot of companies. I remember them from my childhood in the sixties and seventies, where the mailman and many others often used them. I mostly remember them with a sidecar.

Nilfisk is still Danish, but of course they don't manufacture here. It is too expensive. They have been called Nilfisk-Advance since 1998, but they changed it back to Nilfisk last year. Over the years, they have bought several other companies around the globe. Among them some that made pressure washers (Gerni and Alto) and other companies making different cleaning machinery. Nilfisk is quite big in professional cleaning. We see their vacuum cleaners in hotels all over Europe, when we travel.

Wikipedia mentions this video, which contains several classic Nilfisk vacuum cleaners. I've never seen it before.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Much simpler than that.
Some years back, Nilfisk

Funny enough I too nearly ended up working for them years ago. At that time they were using their vacuums for all sorts of ingenious ways to use vacuums in the industrial setting as well as for traditional cleaning.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the Karcher K2, works well enough for me. I invested in a proper foam lance though, and use ValetPro PH Neutral snow foam.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just use a slow hose on my Ceramic coating :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts